Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Conditional Repcation in Streams (Oracle 10g Release 2, Windows 2003 server)
Conditional Repcation in Streams [message #311231] Thu, 03 April 2008 16:16 Go to next message
mirasraf

Dear Guru

I have setup 3 databases(A,B,C).I configured Streams(Bi-directional repllication) in 3 databases.And worked fine.
I face some problems, please take my query.I will be very happy if I get solution.

A.(problem 1)

I want to know Can I Configure conditional DML in streams? i.e I have 3 databases , one database(A) is for all data,rest of database(B,C) are subset of data.

Scenario: Can it Possible by Streams

1.Suppose in Database 'A' , one DML(Insert,Update) operation execute for Database 'B' not Database 'C' . Data will find A and B only .

2.Suppose in Database 'A' , one DML(Insert,Update) operation execute for Database 'C' not Database 'B' . Data will find A and C only .

3.In database 'C' ,one DML(Insert,Update) statement operation execute for Database 'A'.

Data will find 'C' and 'A' only .

4.In database 'B' ,one DML(Insert,Update) statement operation execute for Database 'A'.
Data will find 'B' and 'A' only .

5.Some cases in Databases 'A',one DML (Insert,Update) statement operation execute for Database 'B' and 'C'.
Data will find 'A' 'B'and 'C'.

B.(problem 2)

How many sites(Databases) can be added in streams Environment? any restriction (number of databases) ?

With Regards
Asraf

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2008 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Conditional Repcation in Streams [message #311289 is a reply to message #311231] Thu, 03 April 2008 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
A. Data are tagged with database name (you can also add your tags) and you can add rules to apply process so you can apply only the modifications you want. There is an example of this in the documentation.

B. No limit but the load your systems can support.

Regards
Michel

[Edit: typos]

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2008 01:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Conditional Repcation in Streams [message #311565 is a reply to message #311289] Fri, 04 April 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirasraf

Dear Guru
(Michel Cadot)
Thanks for Direction.
First I will do according the Documentation of Streams Tags and Rule sets.

Problem:
I have seen when Streams Configuration started ,databases archived very frequently(suppose 10 secs ,size 50MB).When streams
setup was completed then database archived normal.

With Regards
Asraf
Re: Conditional Repcation in Streams [message #311612 is a reply to message #311565] Sat, 05 April 2008 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Yes, Streams increases the redo generation.
50M for redo size is really really tiny. Increase this to at least 1GB.

Regards
Michel
Re: Conditional Replication in Streams [message #311677 is a reply to message #311612] Sat, 05 April 2008 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirasraf

Dear Guru
Thanks a lot Michel.

My 3 databases are setup Different OS(Operating System).Centre database configured under Red Hat Advanced server 4 ,and rest of databases setup on Windows 2003 server.

Problem 1:
what is the process and how I synchronize for new site?

My setup Process:
I added new site as a secondary database in existing stream Environment.I exported schema with utility data pump from Primary database .My primary database(site) is very large,I do not need hole data for new site.New site only some purposes.
I also used first SCN and Start SCN for new site,but data is not propagate and does not apply in primary database. I also tried to import with parameter (rows=n) but failed.

Problem 2:

Oracle Database server by default allocate tablespace size depend on OS and Physical Memory.Also follow Redo log files and Archive log files.

When I setup database server Can I set size of my own tablespace?
how much size can I declare for tablespace?
Has any disadvantage (Performance problem,Data Block corruption, bad sector,Backup delay,restore problem so on) if I resize tablespace frequently?

I allocate size for a tablespace with auto extent and Management Local,But when tablespace is full,auto extent is not work.then I manually resize tablespace.I want when tablespace will be full then auto extent automatically. I does not use oracle manage files type(Oracle recommended) Datafiles management).

Regards
Asraf
Re: Conditional Repcation in Streams [message #311737 is a reply to message #311231] Sun, 06 April 2008 05:43 Go to previous message
Arju

Read Documentation. Streams Concept and Administration. Answer is there. There is various options of your questions.
Previous Topic: Heartbeat in streams
Next Topic: Errors using streams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:14:59 CDT 2024