Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » In one way stream replication, do i need to disable function,trigger and proc on destination (oracle 10.2.0.3.0 on linux 64 bit)
In one way stream replication, do i need to disable function,trigger and proc on destination [message #355877] Tue, 28 October 2008 05:27 Go to next message
MIFI
Hi,
I am using stream replication one way from production to replication server.
What i want to find out is whether i can disable trigger, function and procedure on replication server as data in table already replicating. if i keep them enabled do they also perform their task in replication server.

Re: In one way stream replication, do i need to disable function,trigger and proc on destination [message #361641 is a reply to message #355877] Thu, 27 November 2008 04:13 Go to previous message
gb74it
Hi,
using stream, triggers don't fire if the dml operation is executed by an apply process.
So in your replicated site the triggers will not fire, unless the dml is local in the replicated site (e not from the source site).
This id due to the fact that the triggers are created by default with the property fire_once to false.
You can set this property to true, but in this case the triggers will fire also in teh replicated site, also for dml originating from the other site.

Yuo can use this command to set the property to true:
exec dbms_ddl.set_trigger_firing_property (trigger_owner,trigger_name, TRUE);

You can use this command to show the property:
BEGIN
IF dbms_ddl.is_trigger_fire_once(trigger_owner, trigger_name) THEN
dbms_output.put_line('TRUE');
ELSE
dbms_output.put_line('FALSE');
END IF;
END;
/
Previous Topic: find stream codes from oracle10gR2 database