Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? (Oracle Forms ,10.2.0.1 ,windows xp)
How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #462769] Sun, 27 June 2010 02:38 Go to next message
rokon
I have a form which contains some block (each block with some text item, two radio groups and a list item). I want to enable/disable and set visible property as true/false for first to last items of each block conditionally. I can do that for all items but radio buttons.
Because to set item or radio button property I need to pass that items ID or Name as parameter. I can get items name/type using get_block_property and next item of that item using get_item_property but unable to get radio button ID/Name using get_radio_button_property or any other builtin. To execute get_radio_button_property or set_radio_button_property I need to pass radio button ID/Name. So, how I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? Is it limitations of Oracle forms?
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #462802 is a reply to message #462769] Sun, 27 June 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you are a developer, you know radio button's name. So, hard-code it.
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #462858 is a reply to message #462802] Mon, 28 June 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rokon
Your answer is right but I want to do this dynamically for each block just with block name(Block Name also dynamic which wi). As I want as follows:

Declare
v_block VARCHAR2(30):=:SYSTEM.CURSOR_BLOCK;
/*
In which block I want to execute the program like 'CTRL_SINGLERECBLK';
*/
v_firstitem VARCHAR2(30);
v_lastitem VARCHAR2(30);
Begin
v_firstitem:=GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(v_block,first_item);
v_lastitem:=GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(v_block,last_item);
loop
if get_item_property(v_firstitem,item_type)='TEXT ITEM' THEN
if get_item_property(v_firstitem,enabled)='TRUE' then
set_item_property(v_firstitem,enabled,property_false);
end if;
elsif get_item_property(v_firstitem,item_type)='Radio Group' THEN
/*
Here I want to set enable property of each radio button of v_firstitem. Now I can pass Item Name but to set radio button property I have to pass Button Name also. So, how can I get the button list of that item?
*/
null;
end if;
exit when v_firstitem=v_lastitem;
v_firstitem:=get_item_property(v_firstitem,nextitem);
end loop;
Exception
When others then
null;
end;
/

regards
Md. Kazi Rokon
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #462869 is a reply to message #462858] Mon, 28 June 2010 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Looking through form builder help I can't find any method of getting the list of radio buttons for a particular radio group. So I think you have no choice but to hard code as Littlefoot suggested.
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #462870 is a reply to message #462858] Mon, 28 June 2010 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, I understood the question. As I don't have Forms installation here to try it myself, and as I can't remember whether there's any problem in finding radio buttons "dynamically", I suggested what (might) work. Sorry for not being able to help any better.
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #465183 is a reply to message #462870] Tue, 13 July 2010 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

David
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #488351 is a reply to message #465183] Thu, 06 January 2011 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jceballos

Is there a way to do this? I'm having the same problem here.

Thanks in advance
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #488363 is a reply to message #488351] Thu, 06 January 2011 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Doesn't look like there is.
Re: How can I track radio button id or name in oracle forms? [message #553290 is a reply to message #465183] Thu, 03 May 2012 04:10 Go to previous message
weiloong83
Dear David,

Do you have any solution for this, I am also looking for ways to get the radio button name dynamically to get the width of the radio group.
Previous Topic: Running graphs through foms
Next Topic: Frm-41009 function key not allowed ,press ctrl+k for list of valid values when press F11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:47:57 CDT 2024