Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » resetting the sequence and dynmiclly displayed block
resetting the sequence and dynmiclly displayed block [message #484328] Mon, 29 November 2010 12:35 Go to next message
Amar_bu
Hi
Is there any way could alter the sequence depending on specific condition to start with 1 in the form builder?
i wanna to reset the sequence to 1 whenever the month change.is there any way?

Could i make detail block invisible and whenever button pressed i will display the block? I want to put the where clause for that block in the button and if the button did not pressed i want to display nothing in the detail block?

Thanks
Re: resetting the sequence and dynmiclly displayed block [message #484340 is a reply to message #484328] Mon, 29 November 2010 13:34 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A sequence can be a "cyclic" one, but I think that you'll need to recreate it at the beginning of the month (or use some other technique to make it start from 1).

You could put a detail block to a stacked canvas and show it using a button. Use SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY with DEFAULT_WHERE or ONETIME_WHERE to set block's WHERE clause. In order to display "nothing" set WHERE clause to something like "WHERE 1 = 2" or similar.
Previous Topic: canvas and editor window sizes in froms designer
Next Topic: Webutil_file_transfer.client_to_as
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 19:59:47 CDT 2024