Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Timer Function (Oracle Form Builder 6i)
Timer Function [message #485245] Tue, 07 December 2010 00:29 Go to next message
theowais
Hi Experts,

I want to call different forms using TIMER.

Like:
from1 after 5 sec
form 2 after 10 sec
form 3 after 15 sec

What to do?
Re: Timer Function [message #485246 is a reply to message #485245] Tue, 07 December 2010 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theowais
DECLARE
	timer_id Timer;
	one_minute NUMBER(5) := 60000;
BEGIN
	timer_id := CREATE_TIMER('emp_timer', one_minute, NO_REPEAT);
	call_form('C:\Documents and Settings\owais sb\My Documents\Downloads\07-DEC-10\FORM.FMX',NO_HIDE,NO_REPLACE);

END; 

Above Code is working well.
But I need to call more than one form.
Re: Timer Function [message #485265 is a reply to message #485246] Tue, 07 December 2010 02:05 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
I doubt that works as intended. I imagine it calls the form straight away rather than waiting a minute.
You need to put the call_form in a when-timer-expired trigger.

To do different actions at different times you would use multiple timers. However I don't believe what you are trying to achieve will work properly anyway. From form bulder help:
Quote:

CALL_FORM Built-in
Description
Runs an indicated form while keeping the parent form active. Oracle Forms runs the called form with the same Runform preferences as the parent form. When the called form is exited Oracle Forms processing resumes in the calling form at the point from which you initiated the call to CALL_FORM.

The last sentence there indicates that code in the calling form is paused. Don't know if that applies to timers.

What is the point of this requirement?
Previous Topic: Help me - hierarchical tree menu
Next Topic: current position
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 19:18:55 CDT 2024