Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » PLSQL Colections in Datablock (Oracle Forms 10g, Win XP)
PLSQL Colections in Datablock [message #487661] Wed, 29 December 2010 09:27 Go to next message
infosuresh2k

Hi,

I have one plsql table which is having 10,000 rows, i want to populate this values in a forms datablock, i have used the below query in pre-query of that block

declare
plsql_rec pkg.plsql_tab;
begin
plsql_rec := pkg.func;
set_block_property('blk_name', query_data_source_name, 'select e.ename, e.empno from table(plsql_rec) e');
end;

in the property of the block i set like below

Database Data Block = YES
Query Allowed = YES
Query Data Source Type = FROM clause query
Query Data Source Name = SELECT 1, 2 FROM DUAL

but while executin it says invalid identifier "plsql_rec",
any idea or suggetion to populate a plsql collections values into forms datablock without using loop.

Regards,
Suersh.V
Re: PLSQL Colections in Datablock [message #487675 is a reply to message #487661] Wed, 29 December 2010 15:31 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Well plsql_rec is invisible to the database so that was never going to work. If you can't run a query in sqlplus you can't run it in forms.
I suggest you use the datablock wizard to create your block rather than trying to do it manually. I also suggest you read the various form builder help topics on the subject of basing a block on a procedure.
Previous Topic: multiple items with the same database column name
Next Topic: Combo box display in browser problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 19:15:13 CDT 2024