Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Combo box display in browser problem (Developer Suite 10g on Win 7, Chrome browser)
Combo box display in browser problem [message #487731] Thu, 30 December 2010 09:20 Go to next message
obeide
I have a list box that is populated from a record group using a WHEN-NEW-FORM trigger. When I run the form this displays fine when the list box is set as Poplist or Tlist, but when I change this to combo box and run the form it doesn't load properly in the browser (a blank screen followed by the background a a toolbar that says window).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Re: Combo box display in browser problem [message #487747 is a reply to message #487731] Thu, 30 December 2010 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Are you running JRE instead of Jinitiator?
What version JRE on your local PC?
If so, what version of the app server? There is a bug where there is a missing class in 10.1 of the app server if you are using JRE 1.6 on your local PC.

You can try to use 1.5 locally and see if this changes things.

I am sorry I was not of more help, but thins rings a bell in my head about this scenario.
Re: Combo box display in browser problem [message #487748 is a reply to message #487747] Thu, 30 December 2010 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
obeide
Thanks for your reply.
Jinitiator wouldn't work at all so I had to use JRE version 1.6. It displays absolutely fine except when I try to use a combo box. I'm a novice at forms and I was worried that there was some way you can't use POPULATE_LIST from a record group with a combo box.

I'll try and use version 1.5 and see what happens.
Re: Combo box display in browser problem [message #487753 is a reply to message #487748] Thu, 30 December 2010 14:07 Go to previous message
obeide
Hi,
I have tried uninstalling JRE version 1.6 and installing version 1.5 and it made no difference.

Can you think of anything else I might try?

Thanks again.
Previous Topic: PLSQL Colections in Datablock
Next Topic: Forms textbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 20:05:42 CDT 2024