Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » issue with a database item in a block/canvass (6)
issue with a database item in a block/canvass [message #490403] Mon, 24 January 2011 08:12 Go to next message
cool_coder
Hi,

I am modifying an existing form and wanted to do this with less number of modifications.
The existing form has one checkbox item ( displayed and attached to database)..and its not in use ( was created for some enhanccemnet that never implemented but code is there)..and in the form at several places its mentioned/calcualted based on Updatabale/Enable/Queryable/Insert..all properties.

SInce I want to use the same position of this check box so ..i simply detached the canvas from this item..it compiles fine but when login into applcitaion it gives al those errors like..FRM--item not updateable.etc etc..

Is there any property to just hide an item inpspite having related codes in the form ?

Thanks
Re: issue with a database item in a block/canvass [message #490405 is a reply to message #490403] Mon, 24 January 2011 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool_coder
i just truied with having width/height ..0/0 and seems to be working..anybidy has idea if its not a correct way and technically wrong ( not a good way for sure though Wink )..

Thnaks
Re: issue with a database item in a block/canvass [message #490406 is a reply to message #490405] Mon, 24 January 2011 08:45 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
How can it not be used and yet be referenced in code?
0/0 may or may not work depending on what the code that references the item is actually doing.
Personally I'd remove it properly. Lazy hacks invariably lead to bugs and maintenance issues.
Previous Topic: report scheduling
Next Topic: Unable to generate Reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:09:38 CDT 2024