Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) (Forms 10g)
DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) [message #492889] Thu, 03 February 2011 07:24 Go to next message
imvip0101

Is it possible to create menus dynamically based on roles & corresponding menus information stored in database in FORMS 10g

i am working on a project & our TL wants that if any menu item is deleted from DB then corresponding MENU should be deleted from form automatically

i have attached DB tables for making my problem a bit more clear.

pls help...
Sad
Re: DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) [message #492987 is a reply to message #492889] Fri, 04 February 2011 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
use set_menu_item_property to show hide menus based on database values.
Re: DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) [message #493222 is a reply to message #492987] Sun, 06 February 2011 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imvip0101

for this i have to make a master menu module where i vl have to place all the possible menus (related to all the roles) on that particular module & then only i think i can make them show or hide according to requirement.

bt what if i add new menus in the database...?? i vl have to add new menu to master menu module & then recompile it...???

so this solution becomes faulty.... dear.. pls suggest a bit more flexible situation Sad
Re: DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) [message #493232 is a reply to message #493222] Sun, 06 February 2011 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Currently what kind of menus are u using. i don't think that there is something like dynamic menus.

You have to create menus then show or hide them according to user logged in.
Re: DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) [message #493805 is a reply to message #493232] Thu, 10 February 2011 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imvip0101

v r using menus for a financial application

i have created menu module using set_menu_item_property
now i have to develop a screen for "create menu" & "create role"
so that ADMIN may create menu & roles for automation of this system....

what should i do now? pls help....
Re: DYNAMIC MENUS BASED ON ROLE_ID & corresponding MENUS information stored in DB (merged 6) [message #495930 is a reply to message #493805] Wed, 23 February 2011 05:45 Go to previous message
tamzidulamin
Dear imvip0101,

You can create a menu with Hierarchical tree item. So that you can dynamically populate a tree menu for a specific USER. You have to stored all forms & reports name in a table with user id or as your convenient. It should be 100% dynamic. Thanks.

Regards,
Tamzidul Amin.
Previous Topic: dynamic record group for LOV (merged)
Next Topic: Calendar.pll and Standard.pll (merged 4)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 12:57:07 CDT 2024