Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Incorrect result on assignment statement (Forms 10.1.2.0.2 Oracle 10G Windows XP)
Incorrect result on assignment statement [message #497003] Thu, 03 March 2011 11:14 Go to next message
dwilbur3
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it with a search.

Yesterday my desktop development environment was working just fine, but today it has a crazy bug.

When I run a menu (which was working fine yesterday and hasn't been changed in months) I click on an item and it runs the following code:
"
DECLARE
module_name VARCHAR2(125);

BEGIN
module_name := :GLOBAL.FORMS_PATH || 'covenants';
Open_Form(module_name);
END;
"
The module_name variable should be assigned the value 'covenants', because :GLOBAL.FORMS_PATH is '' (nothing). I stepped thru the code and in the debug system values window there is nothing in :GLOBAL.FORMS_PATH. But instead, it gives me:
'FORM_NAMEcovenants' where 'FORM_NAME' is the form the menu was called from.

Has anyone else encountered this. If so, how do I fix it?

Thank you,
Don Wilbur
Re: Incorrect result on assignment statement [message #497007 is a reply to message #497003] Thu, 03 March 2011 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to recompile all (Ctrl + Shift + K)? Sometimes it helps with such a crazy bugs.

If :global.forms_path is empty, how can "nothing || covenants" become "something || covenants"? Did you debug a correct version?
Re: Incorrect result on assignment statement [message #497011 is a reply to message #497007] Thu, 03 March 2011 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dwilbur3
Yes, I recompiled, I rebooted, I renamed the form.

As to how nothing becomes something, that's what I would like to know. It's inserting the form name even tho the form name isn't in the :GLOBAL.FORM_PATH variable. I'm stumped.
Re: Incorrect result on assignment statement [message #497014 is a reply to message #497003] Thu, 03 March 2011 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Are you running it locally or on an application server?
Is another forms calling this form or are you calling it directly?
And did you do a MESSAGE command to display :GLOBAL.FORM_PATH before the call to open_form?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2011 12:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Incorrect result on assignment statement [message #497018 is a reply to message #497014] Thu, 03 March 2011 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dwilbur3
I'm running it locally.
I load the login form, which loads the menu. Then I choose a menu item which triggers the code above.

And now the problem goes away just as mysteriously as it came. I added a message, then it ran fine. I remove the message and it still runs fine.

This so bizarre. I don't know what caused the problem and I don't know why it went away.

At least it went away.
Re: Incorrect result on assignment statement [message #497034 is a reply to message #497018] Thu, 03 March 2011 16:42 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Hopefully, it won't come back.

(But you know it will ... sooner or later. It's like Schwarzenegger, saying I'll be back)
Previous Topic: Master-Detail data displayed using LOV
Next Topic: prevent resize of FORMS_MDI_WINDOW
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 12:59:45 CDT 2024