Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms and Java Beans ClassNotFoundException
Oracle Forms and Java Beans ClassNotFoundException [message #498879] Fri, 11 March 2011 13:32
Areint
Hey,

I'm in the process of creating a Java Bean for a form, and am having a weird error. Sometimes when I make a change to the bean and redeploy/sign it oracle forms is unable to find it. I don't change the name of the jar or any of the packages and classes within, so I don't know how it is unable to find it when it was just working a few minutes earlier. Any ideas as to what is going wrong? If I rename the jar, package, and java/class files and add the new bean to the formsweb.cfg and registry it will work.

The error is actually in the java console, and when I try to use the functionality in the form that involves the bean it also doesn't work.

Note: The error happens when I launch the form. When I try to open the canvas that contains the bean I get a different error that says it is unable to find the bean.

This is the error I'm getting at launch:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: agg_tests_row_view.EWBean
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.instantiate(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onCreate(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.handler.JavaContainer.onCreate(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onCreateHandler(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.sendInitialMessage(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.startRunform(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Main.createRunform(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.engine.Main.start(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The jar is called "AGG_TESTS_ROW_VIEW.jar" and the structure is:
AGG_TESTS_ROW_VIEW.jar
     - agg_tests_row_view
          - EWBean.class
          - Other class files

Here is my FROMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH from the registry:
c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\frmbld.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\importer.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\debugger.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\utj.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\dfc.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\help4.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\oracle_ice.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\jewt4.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\ewt3.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\jlib\share.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\frmall.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\webutil\jacob.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\miscbox.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\jcalendar.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\JCalendarJinit.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\CSVParser.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\FTP.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\poi-3.0-rc4-20070503.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\RegistryReader.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\AGG_TESTS_ROW_VIEW.jar;c:\oracle\oraDS10g\forms\java\MARL_EXPORT_EXCEL_WRITER.jar

Also, in my formsweb.cfg file, the archive line is as follows:
archive=frmall.jar,jcalendar.jar,JCalendarJinit.jar,frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar,/forms/icons/icons.jar,miscbox.jar,CSVParser.jar,FTP.jar,poi-3.0-rc4-20070503.jar,RegistryReader.jar,FTPBeanDeploy.jar,AGG_TESTS_ROW_VIEW.jar,MARL_EXPORT_EXCEL_WRITER.jar
Previous Topic: OC4J_BI_Forms shuts down automatically
Next Topic: oracle.forms.webutil.ole.Olefunctions not found. problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 12:59:39 CDT 2024