Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Change the form in to busy mode (Forms 6i,Windows)
Change the form in to busy mode [message #501798] Thu, 31 March 2011 10:12 Go to next message
niopin
Hi all,
I have one form in which I need to change cursor style to busy while doing some process and after completing that process cursor should get to default.I have done changing cursor style but during its busy state it is allowing me to change values or click buttons.It should not allow user to change anything or click any button.
Please help me in this.

Thank You.
Re: Change the form in to busy mode [message #512366 is a reply to message #501798] Sun, 19 June 2011 15:40 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Just a theory; didn't test it.

How do you start that "processing" and where does it take place? For example: "start it by pushing a button which calls a stored procedure that does something". If that's so, perhaps you could change all items' and buttons' properties to "disabled" just before starting the process; that might be an easy part.

But, how will you know that the processing is finished? Setting some table column to a certain value and periodically checking it (using a form timer)? Once you find it is done, "enable" all items you previously disabled.
Previous Topic: How to create tree structure in forms6i
Next Topic: how can i set window size which should be compatible for any screen resolution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 16:09:57 CDT 2024