Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Executing a procedure from form based on variable name (6i)
Executing a procedure from form based on variable name [message #501878] Fri, 01 April 2011 03:25 Go to next message
sethumurugan
Hi,

I need to execute a procedure based on a value in a form. So the procedure name will be changing for value selected in a list.

I need to know a method where i could store the procedure name in a table and when ever i select a value from the list, the respective procedure needs to be executed.

Request you to help me in these points

Sethu
Re: Executing a procedure from form based on variable name [message #501886 is a reply to message #501878] Fri, 01 April 2011 04:31 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you really need to do that, perhaps you'd rather do that in a following manner:
  • create a table that will contain procedures' names
  • create a "menu" stored procedure that will call all those procedures. You'd use EXECUTE IMMEDIATE to do that.
  • a form should call the "menu" stored procedure
Here's a simplified example of a "menu" procedure (that belongs to a package) (I hope I didn't delete too much of it!).

Procedures' names are stored in KONTROLA table (column PROCEDURA). They accept one parameter whose name is PAR_VRIJEDNOST, which is retrieved from a cursor (column PARAMETRI.VRIJEDNOST).

-- The "menu" stored procedure

procedure kontrola is
    l_exec  varchar2(500);
  begin
    for cur_k in (select p.vrijednost,
                         s.procedura
                  from parametri p,
                       kontrola s
                  where s.kontrola_id = p.kontrola_id
                 )
    loop
      l_exec := 'begin pkg.' || cur_k.procedura ||'(par_vrijednost  => ' || cur_k.vrijednost  || 
                                                  ');'                                        ||
               ' end;';

execute immediate (l_exec);
    end loop;
  end kontrola;
Previous Topic: Dynamically change the number of records displayed
Next Topic: ORA-305500 Exception on When-Button-Pressed Trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:01:51 CDT 2024