Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to dynamically make visible true or false in menu (oracle forms 10G)
how to dynamically make visible true or false in menu [message #503026] Tue, 12 April 2011 07:01 Go to next message
coder
I am unable to hide or make visible a menu item dynamically. I want to show a menu to a bunch of employees only. Please help me...

I have tried:
On the menu properties, I have done:
Physical-> visible : No
functional -> visible in Menu: No
(Have tried different combinations too) Sad

On the form where this menu is attached, I have written trigger new form instance:
SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY('mymenu.menu_name',visible,PROPERTY_TRUE);

Its working fine when I am trying to enable or disable the same but I have to do it the desired way...
Re: how to dynamically make visible true or false in menu [message #503028 is a reply to message #503026] Tue, 12 April 2011 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kame
you want to set privileges of all users. like ADMIN have all the rights( all the menu enables) and admin set the permission to all users according to company permission.
Re: how to dynamically make visible true or false in menu [message #503361 is a reply to message #503028] Thu, 14 April 2011 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coder
No, I don't want to set the privileges of all users. I just want that for a particular set of people one menu gets visible true for all the rest it should be visible false.

Is it possible?
Re: how to dynamically make visible true or false in menu [message #503364 is a reply to message #503361] Fri, 15 April 2011 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It means that SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY (that works OK, as you said in your first message) should be enclosed into IF-THEN-ELSE statement. It also means that you must know exactly which "bunch" of people will have PROPERTY_TRUE, while all the others will have it FALSE. Now, depending on the way you distinguish those people (are they Oracle users? I mean, created by CREATE USER ... statement? Or did you "artificially" create them so they exist only within your application? Etc.), the process might differ.
Re: how to dynamically make visible true or false in menu [message #503467 is a reply to message #503364] Sat, 16 April 2011 00:01 Go to previous message
coder
Littlefoot wrote on Fri, 15 April 2011 00:11
It means that SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY (that works OK, as you said in your first message) should be enclosed into IF-THEN-ELSE statement.

Littlefoot, I think I am not able to explain the situation clearly.

Let me try again: By writing "Its working fine when I am trying to enable or disable the same but I have to do it the desired way..."
I meant was when I am writing the code :
SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY('mymenu.menu_name',Enabled,PROPERTY_TRUE);

for a set of people enclosed in- if and else, I am able to get the menu enabled for the specified people and disabled for rest. But I want to make the menu visible for specific people and invisible for all instead of enabling or disabling.

when I am trying the code written in my first post in this thread I am not able to do so.

I think I am more clear now. Please guide how could this can be achieved or is it a limitation of forms.
Previous Topic: forms execute_query
Next Topic: how to make browse image in oracle form 10g?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:07:30 CDT 2024