Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Applying Different Background Colour (oracle 10g, win xp)
Applying Different Background Colour [message #504056] Thu, 21 April 2011 06:35 Go to next message
myclassic
Dear All

I have got a form in tabular format.
each record contains some specific colour or it may not contain.

i want to chage the backgroud colour of that record based on what so ever user wants.
for example, user want first record should be of RED back groud, second green, third blue etc.

colours are available in RGB format.

when i try to set_item_property(backgroundcolor) on post-query or on when new item instance, it makes all record of same colour.

note:- if a put another text/display item and make it number of record displayed property = 1 , then it works, because only one record colour is seen at a time.

I can not use multiple visual attributes because number of colours are up to user feedback.

how can it be applied in tabular format???
any help is welcome.
Re: Applying Different Background Colour [message #504067 is a reply to message #504056] Thu, 21 April 2011 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Set_item_property always modifies every instance of an item in a block by design.
To alter a particular instance of an item in a block you have to use Set_item_instance_property.
Unfortunately, if you look in form builder help, you'll see Set_item_instance_property only allows you to set a small subset of properties and background isn't one of them. Visual attribute is so you might be able to use that.
Re: Applying Different Background Colour [message #504196 is a reply to message #504067] Thu, 21 April 2011 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myclassic
cookiemonster wrote on Thu, 21 April 2011 07:03
Set_item_property always modifies every instance of an item in a block by design.
To alter a particular instance of an item in a block you have to use Set_item_instance_property.

thanks for timely responce.

I have created a visual attribut group having undefind background colour, then at run i queried colours, set it to visual attribute and then set the visual attribut to that coloumn while using set_item_instance_property...
but it produced the same results as set_item_property.

anyother solution is welcome.

regards.
Re: Applying Different Background Colour [message #504210 is a reply to message #504196] Fri, 22 April 2011 01:39 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
If that doesn't work then it can't be done.
Previous Topic: sql/pl-sql execution platform in Form 6i (merged 2)
Next Topic: Dynamic List Items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:05:27 CDT 2024