Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Displaying database-stored documents in forms 6i (database 10g, oracle forms 6i)
Displaying database-stored documents in forms 6i [message #504339] Sat, 23 April 2011 18:07 Go to next message
MohWad
Hello

I want to display a pdf file (or other types of documents like word or excel) that is already stored in a blob column in the database, in a form control and be able to view the records one by one just like an image.
Is this possible? if so, how? If not, can you direct me to additional code, technology, package or whatever solution that can achieve the desired results.

I'm using Oracle forms 6i and database 10g

Thank you

P.S. I've already searched for this in OraFAQ and all over the web and couldn't find a definite answer. I don't need a complete solution, just a direction.

Re: Displaying database-stored documents in forms 6i [message #512361 is a reply to message #504339] Sun, 19 June 2011 15:06 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if you chose a simple way of opening these files using (for example, Word, Excel, their "reader" versions, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc.), you'd most probably do that easily. As far as I understood, you'd like to view these files within the form itself, in a (let's call it) "multi-lines text" item, just as you view images. There's this OTN Forms forum discussion that suggest that this can be done. As it dates since 2010 (which was not that long ago), perhaps you could revive that topic or even contact some of the people you think might provide further guidance. I, unfortunately, never did that, never saw it, so this is where all my support ends. Sorry.
Previous Topic: Create Shortcut key in Forms 6i
Next Topic: sql server and oracle in a single form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 16:12:13 CDT 2024