Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SYNCHRONIZE related (Forms 6i)
SYNCHRONIZE related [message #504836] Wed, 27 April 2011 23:20 Go to next message
sethumurugan
Hi,

I have a form which will be processing various steps each might take some time. To facilitate the user, I have included some status displaying after every process completed. To refresh the form I have user SYNCHRONIZE to display the status of ever process after completion of every process.

It is working perfectly if am not minimizing the forms screen or opeing another window. After doing anyone of the above and when I reopen the form again, the SYNCHRONIZE is not working and am not able to see the form refreshing after every process as I have planned.

Can any one help me on this if possible. I had raised the same topic sometime back but I did not got any response.

Thank you

/forum/fa/8910/0/
  • Attachment: sycronise.png
    (Size: 6.09KB, Downloaded 1675 times)
Re: SYNCHRONIZE related [message #504839 is a reply to message #504836] Thu, 28 April 2011 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Documentation says that SYNCHRONIZE will work ifQuote:

Forms Developer is at the item level in the forms hierarchy (i.e., SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM is not NULL).

Perhaps, when you do what you do, focus is lost. Can you get into one of the items and see what happens?
Re: SYNCHRONIZE related [message #504840 is a reply to message #504839] Thu, 28 April 2011 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sethumurugan
Thanks for the reply.

No. I am not able to get into any of the items. more over all the items are display items except the push button.

Sorry to say this, I do not understand "Forms Developer is at the item level in the forms hierarchy (i.e., SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM is not NULL).".
Re: SYNCHRONIZE related [message #504843 is a reply to message #504840] Thu, 28 April 2011 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Open Forms Online Help System and search for system variables; one of them is SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM.

It seems that navigation unit is not an item, but the record, block or form (so SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM is NULL), which causes SYNCHRONIZE to fail.

I guess it isn't a problem to create a dummy text item on a form (so that you could click into it) and test if it helps.
Re: SYNCHRONIZE related [message #504851 is a reply to message #504843] Thu, 28 April 2011 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sethumurugan
Thank u.

Let me try that.
Re: SYNCHRONIZE related [message #505051 is a reply to message #504851] Fri, 29 April 2011 00:40 Go to previous message
sethumurugan
Hi,

I have tried as you said, creating a dummy text field. it is not working. Please find attached file.

Sethu
Previous Topic: How to create LOV via own Mother Language
Next Topic: How to get Client IP ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 13:05:19 CDT 2024