Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » process id of the broswer (IE8 and oracle forms 10.1.2.3)
process id of the broswer [message #504996] Thu, 28 April 2011 13:56 Go to next message
deepthi38
hello,
I captured the process id of the browser. I wanted to know whether the process id of the browser is dead or not after we close the browser. How can I check the condition for the process id in oracle forms?
any help please.
Re: process id of the broswer [message #512358 is a reply to message #504996] Sun, 19 June 2011 14:40 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A form (10g) runs in a browser. If you close the browser, you close the form too. So, how could a closed form know anything about the process ID, and why should it care?

If it is about some "other" browser session, how do you know - at operating system level - that it is "dead"? If you can determine that by running some kind of a command at the operating system's command prompt level, perhaps you could invoke the same statement from a form (using HOST or CLIENT_HOST) and see what can be done with that information.
Previous Topic: passing value from unix to forms (Oracle Forms 6i)
Next Topic: Create Shortcut key in Forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 16:03:24 CDT 2024