Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » hidden window (Forms 11g Windows Server 2003 64 bit)
hidden window [message #506009] Fri, 06 May 2011 01:21 Go to next message
daveryan69
I have a forms 11g application that of course has several message and alert windows that pop up when various errors or messages need to be displayed. This all works great on the developer machine, but when I try and run the form on another machine using any browser the message and alert windows appear to be hidden and the application locks up with the rolling bar across the bottom. I would guess it is waiting for a response, but I cannot get the window to appear.

Following is an example of an alert to be displayed:
declare
vAlertButton number;
begin
vAlertButton := show_alert('NO_EMAIL');

end;
Re: hidden window [message #506016 is a reply to message #506009] Fri, 06 May 2011 02:22 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
try runing the application as NOT MAXIMIZED. I have noticed on windows that after starting developer, logging into the database will cause forms developer to hang whenever forms developer is maximized. This is because there is a hidden windows waiting for my response. If however I "UN-MAXIMIZE) forms developer before logging in, the window appears. I realize this does not really help you, but it is all I could think of at the moment to help you try to prove this is in fact the problem.

Good luck, Kevin
Previous Topic: Import text file in oracle 9i
Next Topic: Anybody run Form 6i on Windows 7 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:22:42 CDT 2024