Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » copy value from (oracle 10g, d2k forms and reports 9i)
copy value from [message #506744] Wed, 11 May 2011 02:03 Go to next message
lacchhii

hi,

i have used this code to get the value from a different field. it does work fine , but if i make any changes in the field from where it has to copy , the changes are not automatically effected in the other field

:APB_COMM_ACK_DATE:=:APEN_SUBMISSION_DATE;

IF :APB_COMM_ACK_DATE IS NOT NULL THEN
P_COMPARE_DATES(:APB_COMM_ACK_DATE, SYSDATE, 'GT', 'Date of Birth', 'System Date');

the above code is for the value in APEN_SUBMISSION_DATE should appear automatically appear in APB_COMM_ACK_DATE.

what is happening here is it does appear in APB_COMM_ACK_DATE when i enter the date in APEN_SUBMISSION_DATE, but later when i make changes in APEN_SUBMISSION_DATE it does not changes the APB_COMM_ACK_DATE.

what is it required to be done to clear the already populated date
Re: copy value from [message #506750 is a reply to message #506744] Wed, 11 May 2011 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
One option is to do the whole job in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger (on an item you are modifying - that would be APEN_SUBMISSION_DATE).
Re: copy value from [message #506920 is a reply to message #506750] Wed, 11 May 2011 19:50 Go to previous message
lacchhii

thanks a lot.i could solve the problem using when validate item
Previous Topic: forms 10g runtime
Next Topic: disable tabs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:14:11 CDT 2024