Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » GO_BLOCK USES (FORM 10G)
GO_BLOCK USES [message #507559] Mon, 16 May 2011 23:41 Go to next message
swapnilpimple
Dear all,

I have a form with three block when i finish entry in 3rd block
i use go_block for going to 2nd one but as i fired it oracle ask me for save trasaction

Actually i want to save entry in all form at same time

swapnil
Re: GO_BLOCK USES [message #507560 is a reply to message #507559] Tue, 17 May 2011 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
GO_BLOCK, itself, shouldn't cause that message. I suppose there's something else that is bothering it. As you use Forms 10g, run the form in debug mode - it'll show what's exactly going on and, hopefully, you'll find the reason.

Not really related to your problem but - what kind of a form is it, where you first enter values into the last block, and then go back and enter some more values into the second block?
Re: GO_BLOCK USES [message #507561 is a reply to message #507560] Tue, 17 May 2011 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnilpimple
Dear Littlefoot

thank you for reply

you're right there is problem when i use next_record

it is travel detail form

first i have to enter Details of employees(block2) and then its travel detail (Block 3)

here when we take first employee put its details in employees details and travel details
and then ask for another employee if user select yes we have move in 2nd block here i use go_itme and then next_record and i get this that 'Do you want save the changes you have made? '

please help me for that

Swapnil
Re: GO_BLOCK USES [message #507562 is a reply to message #507561] Tue, 17 May 2011 00:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You could POST changes you made. I don't know how exactly you GO_BLOCK - I suppose using a button. If so, WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED might look like this:
go_block('block_2');
post;
next_record;

POST would, well, post changes. Won't commit yet, but will allow you to enter new employee's details.
Previous Topic: how to create different users
Next Topic: Avoid Duplicate at form level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:22:14 CDT 2024