Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SAVING OF MULTIPLE RECORDS AT ONE GO IN FORMS (FORMS 10G)
SAVING OF MULTIPLE RECORDS AT ONE GO IN FORMS [message #507563] Tue, 17 May 2011 01:23 Go to next message
poojamunj
HI EVERYONE!
THIS IS POOJA MUNJ FROM INDIA, USING THIS SITE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HOPING FOR GOOD SUPPORT.
MY QUERY IS:
I HAVE CREATED A MASTER-CHILD FORMS ON ONE CANVAS. IN A CHILD FORM I HAVE TO ENTER MULTIPLE RECORDS, BUT AFTER ENTERING EVERY RECORD ITS PROMPTING ME TO SAVE IT. I WANT TO AVOID IT AND SAVE THE ENTIRE THING ONCE ALL MY RECORDS ARE ENTERED.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.
THANKS
Re: SAVING OF MULTIPLE RECORDS AT ONE GO IN FORMS [message #507564 is a reply to message #507563] Tue, 17 May 2011 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Hello, welcome to the OraFAQ Forums!

Default Forms behavior is different from what you are describing, so I guess you caused it yourself.

If you created master-detail form using Data Block Wizard (master block first, detail block next), the Wizard would create all necessary code (relations, triggers and procedures) which would make your form work smoothly. All built-in functionalities would work correctly. If you are new to Forms, perhaps you should create a brand new form (following my suggestion). Once you make the form work, make it fancy (if you wish).

Anyway, what did you do? What does that "after entering every record" exactly do? Is there any trigger? If so, which one and how does it look like?
Re: SAVING OF MULTIPLE RECORDS AT ONE GO IN FORMS [message #507565 is a reply to message #507564] Tue, 17 May 2011 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poojamunj
HEY MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED, ACTUALLY THERE'S ONE PROCEDURE CALLED 'CLEAR ALL' WHICH USE TO RUN WHENEVR I CAME ON NEXT RECORD. I JUST DISABLED IT. NW ITS WORKING FINE.
HOPING YOUR FUTHER ASSISTANCE IF I GET STUCK. THANK YOU.
Re: SAVING OF MULTIPLE RECORDS AT ONE GO IN FORMS [message #507576 is a reply to message #507565] Tue, 17 May 2011 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnil_naik

I cant get u.....is clear all procedure u written or while u make relationship it created automatically
Re: SAVING OF MULTIPLE RECORDS AT ONE GO IN FORMS [message #507580 is a reply to message #507576] Tue, 17 May 2011 03:48 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
@poojamunj - Will you please stop posting in upper case, that is considered shouting on internet forums.

@swapnil_naik - since forms doesn't auto-generate anything that does that it must have been written by someone.
Previous Topic: AUTOGENERATION OF NUMBERS
Next Topic: FORMS 10G VS FORMS 6I -- MDI WITH MULTI SCREEN (merged 3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:17:58 CDT 2024