Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FORM SYNCHRONIZATION (Oracle Forms Builder 6i)
FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507577] Tue, 17 May 2011 03:22 Go to next message
1982Hashmi
Hi everyone,

I've a process form which is doing some database level updates and is functioning correctly. Although, when I navigate to some other program during this process form is running, display of Process Form hangs. I've also used SYNCHRONIZE built-in but in vain. Please suggest an alternate method to synchronize forms display.

Thanks in advance.

AHMED FARAZ
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507581 is a reply to message #507577] Tue, 17 May 2011 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Well if you're running DB updates the only way to get the form to reflect the changes is to use execute_query.
I assume you're calling a db procedure from the form. In which case you will not be able to do anything in the form until the db procedure completes.
So you're just going to have to wait.
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507592 is a reply to message #507581] Tue, 17 May 2011 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1982Hashmi
Thanks for your reply. I'm using execute_query but the problem is that during the process is running if I click somewhere else or open another program Navigation never returns to previous running form.
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507594 is a reply to message #507592] Tue, 17 May 2011 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Your going to have to explain in more detail.
What process are we talking about?
What do you mean be click somewhere else?
How are you using execute_query?
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507701 is a reply to message #507594] Tue, 17 May 2011 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1982Hashmi
Thank you for your reply.

Requirement:
--------------------
I'm designing a Bank Reconciliation Form for my Company. Simply it is the process of synchronizing Bank Statements (Cheques Information) with Company Vouchers. Only Date, Amount, Budget Head information & Cheque_No (may be NULL in case Bank to Bank transfer etc.) appear on Bank Statements. And vouchers contain information like voucher_no, date, amount, credit head (for payments) and cheque_no (reference to Bank Statement which may be NULL). I've added another column voucher_no in Bank Statements Table to include the Cheque_no from Bank Statement through my Process to link Bank Statement with corresponding Voucher.

Form Layout:
------------------
a) "Vouchers_Count" Master data block fetches vouchers count having same credit head (for payments) and amount.

SELECT CR_HEAD,AMT, COUNT(*) AS CNT
FROM VOUCHERS
WHERE CR_HEAD = :CONTROL.HEAD
GROUP BY CR_HEAD,AMT;

b) "Cheques_Count" Detail block is referring "Vouchers_Count" Data Block. Whereas, query of Cheques_Count is as follows:
SELECT BANK,AMT,COUNT(*) AS CNT
FROM BANK_STATEMENT
GROUP BY BANK,AMT;

Join Condition: vouchers_count.cr_head=cheques_count.bank and vouchers_count.amt=cheques_count.amt

c) "Vouchers" Data Block fetches bunch of vouchers having credit head and amount equal to those in "Vouchers_Count".
"Vouchers" Data Block is also child of "Vouchers_Count" Data Block.
Records are ordered by Date Column.

d) "Bank_Statement" Data Block fetches bunch of cheques (from Bank_Statement) having bank head and amount equal to those in "Cheques_Count".
"Bank_Statement" Data Block is child of "Cheques_Count" Data Block.
Records are ordered by Date Column.

Process Button Code:
--------------------
"Vouchers_Count" is navigated from first record to last record. As Blocks are interlinked "Vouchers" and "Bank_Statement" data blocks automatically fetch records. For each record in "Vouchers_Count" a cursor (similar records as "Vouchers" Data Block) is iterated and fills voucher_no to corresponding "Bank_Statement.voucher_no" and raises a Commit before moving to next record in "Bank_Statement". The process goes on till all "Vouchers_Count" block is navigated to last. Inside nested Loops I've used SYNCHRONIZE built-in to show progress.

Problem Explanation:
--------------------
Consider, the form is running smoothly and updating underlying Data block. Also progress bar is running. I click on START button of Windows OS or open any other application for any reason. Then, I return back to running Oracle Form but form is no more refreshing itself and progress bar is also not updating. As I've already informed your goodself that I've used SYNCHRONIZE built-in inside process loops.

Hope you might have got idea of my problem.

Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507704 is a reply to message #507701] Tue, 17 May 2011 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I'd call that form level updates rather than database level.
No idea I'm afraid, sounds like a bug. Have you tried looking on My Oracle Support?
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507736 is a reply to message #507704] Tue, 17 May 2011 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1982Hashmi
Sir, can you please give me the link through which I may read that?
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507753 is a reply to message #507736] Tue, 17 May 2011 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
https://support.oracle.com/

Which, strangely enough, is the top result on google if you search on My Oracle Support.

You will need an account to access it.
Re: FORM SYNCHRONIZATION [message #507929 is a reply to message #507753] Wed, 18 May 2011 09:17 Go to previous message
1982Hashmi
Thank you very much Sir for your guidance.
Previous Topic: Force Exit from Form
Next Topic: User Define Login Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:31:59 CDT 2024