Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » set_block_property (forms 10g)
set_block_property [message #507793] Wed, 18 May 2011 00:33 Go to next message
poojamunj
Hi All!
i have a query regarding set_block_property.
I have 2 forms, one master and other detail on the same canvas.
I am entering some data in master form and realated data in the detail form which consist of numerous entries for 1 master record.
If I am entering a new record in the master table then the realated records are getting inserted below the previous detail records in the detail form which i dont want.
I want the detail form should clear once I save all the entries regarding 1st master record.
Please help me out in this.
Thanks.
Re: set_block_property [message #507802 is a reply to message #507793] Wed, 18 May 2011 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe that it is, actually, that you have "2 blocks (not "forms") - master and detail".

As of your problem: what you described as a desired behavior is Forms' default behavior. If you created both master and detail blocks with Data Block Wizard, it would create a properly working form. It must be you who spoiled something, but I can't tell what would that be.

As you use Forms 10g, try to run it in debug mode and trace its execution - you might find a culprit. Otherwise, you'll either have a problem to make it work, or write a new form from scratch (which might be faster than debugging the existing form).
Re: set_block_property [message #507806 is a reply to message #507802] Wed, 18 May 2011 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnilpimple
Hi Littlefoot

Good Morning.............

I am swapnil actually me & pooja both tryng to solve it

there is 1 master block associated with two detail block and again 2nd detail block became master of third details block.

when i am trying to insert record in 2nd block ora ask me to save the record i am confuse please help me

Regards

Swapnil

Re: set_block_property [message #507825 is a reply to message #507806] Wed, 18 May 2011 02:53 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Oracle does not do that by default, so you've got some code in there that causes it. Run the form in debug mode to see what triggers fire and so work out which is causing it to ask you to save changes.
Previous Topic: 6i reports converted into 10g and calling it from Menu
Next Topic: Force Exit from Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:19:40 CDT 2024