Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Navigation between Forms via custom-menu (Oracle 10)
Navigation between Forms via custom-menu [message #508567] Mon, 23 May 2011 03:51 Go to next message
Stefan21
Hello,

what is the basic workaround to provide to switch from one form to another form via custom-menu at runtime?

I attached a menu-item to every of my forms and I can call them seperately from the forms builder. But I am not able to switch between the forms then. If I am clicking on a menu-item, I get frm-40010.

Thanks in advance
Stefan

P.S. I'd prefer to close the current form, if the new form has been opened. Do I have to control this seperately or is the closing of the last form default?
Re: Navigation between Forms via custom-menu [message #508917 is a reply to message #508567] Wed, 25 May 2011 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan21
Hmm... nobody an idea? Or is it just to time-consuming to explain?

I'm just a student and this custom menu would have been an extra. But I could imagine that it's not that smart to give the normal user the default smartbar.

regards
Re: Navigation between Forms via custom-menu [message #508948 is a reply to message #508917] Wed, 25 May 2011 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you call those forms? Did you read about NEW_FORM, OPEN_FORM, CALL_FORM built-ins and learnt differences between them?

As of users using a default smartbar: I guess it is not that complicated that an average person (who is allowed to manipulate data) couldn't learn how to properly use it.
Re: Navigation between Forms via custom-menu [message #508973 is a reply to message #508948] Wed, 25 May 2011 07:38 Go to previous message
Stefan21
Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 06:31
How do you call those forms? Did you read about NEW_FORM, OPEN_FORM, CALL_FORM built-ins and learnt differences between them?

I did and as I understood it, the only difference is the different handling of the parent form. My coding of every menu-item is just OPEN_FORM('<FORM_NAME>');. So I think that should work. But I cancelled custom-menue for deadline-reasons.

Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 25 May 2011 06:31
As of users using a default smartbar: I guess it is not that complicated that an average person (who is allowed to manipulate data) couldn't learn how to properly use it.

That's right. But the mock application of my exam is an online shop. So I don't want to grant customers to manipulate master data, for instance.

But I still wondering about the operational area of applications developed with forms. Maybe it's more about internal use than webshops or something like that.
Previous Topic: SQL server in stop position (merged 5)
Next Topic: Date-comparison in default_where clause
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 15:34:21 CDT 2024