Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » save button(updation) (oracle forms6i)
save button(updation) [message #512033] Thu, 16 June 2011 12:22 Go to next message
rajendaroracle

Hi,

I have created one form with control block and database data block.here i have created one save button based on that i have to save records both control and database block in database block table.If i i write commit_form record will be saved on different rows in a table means control block record in one row and datablock record in one row.But i want to update in one row(one line) in a table.

regards,
rajendaroracle
Re: save button(updation) [message #512075 is a reply to message #512033] Thu, 16 June 2011 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You need to give an example. What gets updated?
Why do you have two blocks?
What is the relationship between the blocks?
How is the data from the two blocks used to do the update?
Re: save button(updation) [message #512097 is a reply to message #512075] Fri, 17 June 2011 00:04 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is how I see it: it seems that these blocks act as if they were "master-detail". As the "upper" block is a control block, it is not based on a table. In order to save control block's values into that table, you (Rajendaroracle) must have written an INSERT statement, somewhere (I presume in WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on that "Save" button).

Now, as they are master and detail blocks, detail block contains the same items as the master block, but they are (probably) hidden. Never mind, they contain the same values as master block's ones. As the detail block is a database block, COMMIT_FORM saves detail's records into a table. It means that they are "duplicated" (sort of; I suppose that master block's records saved into a table miss some columns' values).

So, from my point of view, all you have to do is to remove INSERT statement that is responsible for inserting master block's values into the table.

On the other hand, if I was wrong, answer Cookiemonster's answers, one by one and we'll see what next.
Previous Topic: Conc.program run from oracle forms
Next Topic: FRM-40401 No Save to Change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 16:08:44 CDT 2024