Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed (oracle 10g Forms 6i windows xp/windows 7)
Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519666] Tue, 16 August 2011 04:32 Go to next message
ashussain

Hi Gurus!

Is it possible to display the detail block (different canvas) in the master block canvas, but when finished entering data into master block and a button is pressed? And i want to use some conditions in the when-button-pressed trigger. based on that it should show different canvas.

simply speaking, my aim is to use the upper part of the screen to show master block and the lower part for a detail block from the different detail blocks based on condition checked in when-button-pressed trigger.

if yes, please tell me the step-by-step procedure for it.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519768 is a reply to message #519666] Tue, 16 August 2011 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
All I can say is that Forms do their job perfectly, when master-detail relationship is involved. Use Data block Wizard.

As of step-by-step procedure: I don't think I can provide it, but - why wouldn't you describe your requirement, step-by-step?
Re: Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519780 is a reply to message #519768] Tue, 16 August 2011 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mahnazzz
can you attach the image of your form?
Re: Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519802 is a reply to message #519780] Wed, 17 August 2011 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashussain

As advised by Mahnazzz, I am attaching the image. The upper part of image (image-1) is the master block and lower part (image-2) is detail block. there are 4 different detail blocks (i have attached one only). I want to show any one detail block on successful satisfaction of the condition given in the "Item Details" push button trigger, which may be like this:

IF :INV_MST.CLASS = 'CPU' THEN
detail block-1
ELSE IF :INV_MST.CLASS = 'MEMORY' THEN
detail block-2
ELSE IF :INV_MST.CLASS = 'HARD DISK' THEN
detail block-3
ELSE
detail block-4
END IF;
END IF;
END
IF;

Please guide me, as I am a beginner (5-6 months).
Thanx in advance.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2011 01:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519844 is a reply to message #519802] Wed, 17 August 2011 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps you should put all those "detail" blocks on to the tab canvas, while the tab canvas itself would be placed in the bottom of the stacked canvas (that already contains the master block). That would, then, be a classic master-detail relationship, no buttons required at all.
Re: Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519857 is a reply to message #519844] Wed, 17 August 2011 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashussain

Thank u very much for your kind and immediate response.

As you said there will b no buttons required, will you plz. guide me how to activate a particular Tab page based on the value of ":INV_MST.CLASS" a text item on master block. Sorry for disturbing u all, if Im wrong, please excuse me as i am a novice in Forms & Reports (just 6-7 months old).
Re: Forms 6i-To show detail block when a button is pressed [message #519874 is a reply to message #519857] Wed, 17 August 2011 06:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If master-detail relationship is correctly set (Wizard would do that): when you execute a query in a master block, detail block is automatically populated with detail data. You don't have to code anything, just choose a tab you are interested in, and data will be there.
Previous Topic: Problem with WEBUTIL_C_API
Next Topic: Using App_exception for showing message on form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 07:24:38 CDT 2024