Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block
Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block [message #521578] Wed, 31 August 2011 05:31 Go to next message
goparaju
Hi Experts,

I am working in form 6i, EBS11i. I have a multi record data block, i am inserting checked records only using below logic.

ON-INSERT Trigger:

if checkbox_checked('block.checkbox') THEN
insert_record;
end if;

Requirement: Let us say, i have 4 records, i checked 2 records.. inserted them. Now if i want to insert other 2 unchecked records, it's not accepting, is it possible to insert records which are not checked after insertion.

Kindly help.

Thanks.
Re: Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block [message #521579 is a reply to message #521578] Wed, 31 August 2011 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You want forms to do something you specifically told it not to?
Stop telling it not to.
Re: Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block [message #521595 is a reply to message #521579] Wed, 31 August 2011 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Check them first, then repeat the operation (insert, that is).
Re: Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block [message #521598 is a reply to message #521595] Wed, 31 August 2011 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goparaju
Hi,

Thanks for your responses. Could you elaborate your explanation, that will be useful.

Thanks.
Re: Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block [message #521605 is a reply to message #521598] Wed, 31 August 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You that in more detail?
either: remove the code in the on-update trigger.
or: check the records checkboxes and press save again.
Re: Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block [message #521609 is a reply to message #521598] Wed, 31 August 2011 09:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You said that you want to insert checked records only. In order to do that, you wrote some code that is doing that job.

There are 4 records; you check 2 of them, do *something* (push a button?) and insert these checked records.

Now you want to insert the remaining 2 records, that are still unchecked.

So check them first, do *something* (push a button?) and insert them just like you inserted previous 2 records.

That might require some additional actions, such as requerying the block (so that the first 2 records won't appear, otherwise - if they are still checked, you'd insert them twice). Or, after insert is done, clear checkboxes. Or, include additional column that would notify you whether these records are already inserted. Or, before insert, check whether a record you are about to insert already exists in a table. Or, ...
Previous Topic: Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar
Next Topic: Client_To_AS - Is there a file size limit?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 09:55:55 CDT 2024