Home » Other » Marketplace » Aspiring PL/SQL Developer needs career advice
Aspiring PL/SQL Developer needs career advice [message #528352] Mon, 24 October 2011 07:29
emmodee
Hello,

I have experience in working with Oracle Databases - mainly in writing SQL scripts and creating reports for customers. I very much want to become a PL/SQL application developer but I don't currently have the required development experience that recruiters look for. I am Oracle certified in PL/SQL at associate level. I am currently working towards attaining the OCP certification in the same field.

However, when I tell recruiters that I am certified it doesn't seem to hold much weight. What they ask me about is my development experience and they lose interest when they find out i don't have any. This is frustrating as i don't know how to get on to the software development ladder. I can't seem to get a job in this field without the experience and i can't get the experience until i get a job in this field!

Can anyone please offer me some advice on how I can solve this problem? Is there anything i can do to gain experience in PL/SQL Development so that i can then hopefully launch a career in this field? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Previous Topic: oracle apps resume services
Next Topic: Job Opportunity-PL/SQL Developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:39:07 CDT 2024