Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to migrate away from oracle forms (Oracle 9, Windows)
How to migrate away from oracle forms [message #535544] Wed, 14 December 2011 13:45 Go to next message
mag246
Hi all, My name is Mike, I'm new to the forum. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. My company has a potential customer who currently uses Oracle Forms and the company wants the sell them on IBM forms 4.0. Does anyone here know a way to convert the Oracle forms to something I can use (FileNet, PDF)?

Confused
Re: How to migrate away from oracle forms [message #535553 is a reply to message #535544] Wed, 14 December 2011 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
PDF?
Can you not just do a screenshot? Isn't that the same thing as getting a PDF of a form?
Of course, you would not have any code for the triggers.
How would anyone know the business rules of Oracle Forms from a visual?
Oracle Forms are proprietary. As far as I know, there is nothing to convert it to although I once worked for a company that had them converted to Java. I do not know if it was a program or a person. Needless to say, they were so buggy as barely any of the validation worked.
Re: How to migrate away from oracle forms [message #535662 is a reply to message #535553] Thu, 15 December 2011 09:34 Go to previous message
mag246
I could do the screen shot but I am hoping to preserve some of the functionality. It is looking like that just isn't going to happen.
Previous Topic: How to create pass
Next Topic: FRM-92101 / RUN_REPORT_OBJECT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 00:16:10 CDT 2024