Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Run form from formbuilder doesn't connect to db (Forms10g, Oracle 11g, WinXP)
Run form from formbuilder doesn't connect to db [message #540073] Fri, 20 January 2012 02:37 Go to next message
triddle
Hello all,

I have DevSuite 10g on my XP. Running a form from frombuilder, for testing or debugging purposes for example, always worked. I am using OC4J.
Now we moved the DB-User, to which I normally connected in the above scenario, to another DB-Instance, but left username and password unchanged. I changed my connection in formbuilder to the new destination and formbuilder succeeds when connecting to the DB. Compile etc. all ok.
But running a form from formbuilder raises ORA-01017. After that, the forms logon screen is shown and has exctly the username and ORACLE-SID defaulted with my connection in formbuilder itself (only username is "upper"ed).
So apparently the formbuilder connection information or oarts of it is passed to the runtime. When I then give the password in the logon screen connecting succeeds.

Where is my mistake. Can you please help. How is the connect information from formbuilder passed to the runtime??

Thanks a lot in advance

triddle
Re: Run form from formbuilder doesn't connect to db [message #540140 is a reply to message #540073] Fri, 20 January 2012 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
triddle
Found the reason, but no solution: We recently upgraded ORACLE from 9 to 11. Version 11 works with case sensitive passwords, but only for users, which where newly created in this version. Passwords from users wich where existent before upgrading are left case insensitive.

Forms Builder 10g converts my form builder Password to uppercase, before passing it to oc4j, so connecting to a user with a password not compltely uppercase fails.

Is there any way, to tell form builder 10g not to convert the username and password to uppercase. Is there a Patch on DevSuite10g available??

Thanks a lot for any help
Re: Run form from formbuilder doesn't connect to db [message #540148 is a reply to message #540140] Fri, 20 January 2012 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Would switching off case sensitive passwords in the DB fix it?
Re: Run form from formbuilder doesn't connect to db [message #540156 is a reply to message #540148] Fri, 20 January 2012 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
triddle
Hello cookiemonster,

and thanks for the advice. Yes, just switched off case sensitive passwords in the DB and works. But that is only possible in our development DB, not in the online system due to our customers wishes. But sometimes I have to debug errors with connection to the online system. Do you know if (a) there is a patch on DevSuite10g available, which fixes the problem or (b) if the problem is definitly fixed in Forms11?? I heard rumors about that, but only rumors.

[EDITED by LF: removed tiny Arial font formatting]

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2012 10:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Run form from formbuilder doesn't connect to db [message #540158 is a reply to message #540156] Fri, 20 January 2012 08:04 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
I don't, but then I don't actually work with forms anymore. I'd raise it with oracle support and see what they say.
Previous Topic: Object Library Error
Next Topic: i need help with show items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 09 22:43:37 CDT 2024