Home » Other » Community Hangout » Just another beautiful day in paradise!
Just another beautiful day in paradise! [message #541137] Fri, 27 January 2012 17:43 Go to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16612830/news-8-flies-over-san-diego-in-giant-farmers-airship

I doubt many board members are golf aficionados.
PGA Golf tournament is now underway at Torrey Pines in San Diego.
The golf course sit high on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific.
I was watched the pros take a practice round on Wednesday.
I can see the blimp hovering over the course which is only about
eight miles south of my house.
It has been sunny & warm (72-76 Fahrenheit) all this week.
Re: Just another beautiful day in paradise! [message #541150 is a reply to message #541137] Sat, 28 January 2012 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
BlackSwan

I was watched the pros ...

/forum/fa/1683/0/

Oh well, you enjoy golf, while we (finally) have some sights of Winter. Until now, it was more like a loooong Autumn, not too cold (barely below zero degrees Celsius), almost no precipitation. Today morning: -8 degrees Celsius (18 Fahrenheit). Unfortunately, not even sight of snow in near future.
Re: Just another beautiful day in paradise! [message #541401 is a reply to message #541150] Tue, 31 January 2012 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balckbandit5
Does Croatia normally get a lot of snow?
I was there last summer, veeeery hot (at least for me Razz)

I'm in Switzerland and theres tonnes of it here! Very Happy
Re: Just another beautiful day in paradise! [message #541409 is a reply to message #541401] Tue, 31 January 2012 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if you take a look at the map, you'll see that Croatia spreads from lowlands on the north to the Adriatic sea at the south. In the middle, there are mountains in Lika and Gorski Kotar regions. The coldest winters are right there, with most of snow. Due to a strong wind (bora), snow can be expected even at the sea (but never lasts long, perhaps only a few hours). Northern parts are mostly dry and cold, not too much snow lately.

I live near Hungarian border, and we didn't even see any snow this Winter. Hopefully, there'll be some in next few days.

Today morning: -10.4 Celsius (13 Fahrenheit). Meteorologists promised -20 Celsius (-4 Fahrenheit) by the end of this week. We'll see.

Oh, yes - the Summer! People in mountains sleep the best (temperatures aren't that high, while nights are fresh). It's nice at the seaside because - although it is hot, there's sea there. A lot of warm, clean water! Here, where I live, it is hot and steamily; we usually have 2-3 weeks of almost unbearable conditions (at the end of July), but the rest is OK (more or less).
Re: Just another beautiful day in paradise! [message #541414 is a reply to message #541409] Tue, 31 January 2012 02:41 Go to previous message
balckbandit5
Oh right, I didn't really see much of the main land of croatia when we went. I was down in Split, we went sailing for a week round the islands there. I have to say the water was amazing, and during the day when we were sailing the weather was hot but with the wind it was bearable. It was just on the last day, we were just walking round split waiting for our flight in the afternoon and it was soooo hot, we were just sort of running from shade to shade we had about 5 icecreams each Razz

And they're expecting -22°C here on Sunday. But that's in the valley, so the mountains will be at most -25! Plus it gets windy up there and if it is that can take off 5° or so :/ gonna be cold!
Previous Topic: Lawful and Unlawful System Integrators
Next Topic: What Happened?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:51:34 CDT 2024