Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cannot open file
Cannot open file [message #541210] Mon, 30 January 2012 00:11 Go to next message
umann85
I am using forms 10.1.2.0

I am try to open one .fmb file but file is not open in form builder.Its shows message "cannot open file".
I am going to help button its told that fmb in not create in that form builder.

but that fmb is made in 10g but now is not open.what should i do please help me.

Thanks a lot in advance..
Re: Cannot open file [message #541213 is a reply to message #541210] Mon, 30 January 2012 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Who created that form? Where? Was it you, on your computer? Or was it someone else, on another computer? If the latter, how did you get the FMB file? Was it FTP-ed to your PC? If so, did you use BINARY mode? If not, you should have.

If I'm on a wrong path, provide as many information as possible; someone might get another idea.

Because, I'd expect difficulties if you tried to open a form created with Forms 10g in Forms Builder 6i (for example), but not succeeding to open a form created with Forms Developer 10g in another Forms Developer 10g, well, that's strange.
Re: Cannot open file [message #541214 is a reply to message #541210] Mon, 30 January 2012 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Example - You can not open Form in 6i form Builder which built in 10g form Builder (Higher Version to Lower Version).
Re: Cannot open file [message #541347 is a reply to message #541214] Mon, 30 January 2012 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
ranamirfan wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 01:46
Example - You can not open Form in 6i form Builder which built in 10g form Builder (Higher Version to Lower Version).

I "think" but do not guarantee, based on my memory, that 6i will actually "open" the form, but it will be completely blank. Again, this is far back in the depths of my memory, but I do recall something like that.

Without more info though, maybe the OP is trying to open a completely corrupt file such that no version of forms can open or one of Littlefoot's points.

Other questions to ask would be, can anyone else open this .fmb file? Maybe upload it here and someone who is daring can try.
Re: Cannot open file [message #549707 is a reply to message #541210] Tue, 03 April 2012 03:56 Go to previous message
xon88
Hi,

Have you tried opening forms and using File->Open to open the form?

I have the same problem but only when I double-click to open the file. Curious case really, but when I use File->Open it works.

Cheers,
Shawn
Previous Topic: How to make Query Mode work on Forms
Next Topic: A button has to be disabled in Query mode(F11)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:56:40 CDT 2024