Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) (Oracle Forms 10g, windows)
login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) [message #541306] Mon, 30 January 2012 06:07 Go to next message
ariffcal
Hi,

Greetings,

display value from login page to call another form first time value
is appear when I enter new 2nd record that the time call value disappear.I means user name fix it when i create new record.

this is my code for pre-insert trigger block level

:PLACE_FROM:=:parameter.mc_name;
:SRECEIVER_NAME:=:parameter.USER_NAME;

please help me.

regards,
Re: login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) [message #541327 is a reply to message #541306] Mon, 30 January 2012 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sure you know what you are talking about, but I didn't understand a word.

What is a "login page"? What "appears"? Where do you enter "2nd record"? What does it have to do with a "login page"? Which form does PRE-INSERT belong to?

Anyway: try to explain it once again, providing as many details as possible (a screenshot might help as well).
Re: login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) [message #541369 is a reply to message #541327] Mon, 30 January 2012 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ariffcal
1st one is my login page when I click the login button the next
screen is coming with user name and place from in second screen.
when i create next record then user name and place from disappear
in second record. I want user name and place from not to disappear in any time.

regards,
  • Attachment: logindoc1.JPG
    (Size: 43.77KB, Downloaded 628 times)
Re: login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) [message #541370 is a reply to message #541327] Mon, 30 January 2012 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ariffcal
I am writing trigger for second form in form level,
when-new-form-instance trigger given below:

:SHIP_MSTR.PLACE_FROM := :PARAMETER.MC_NAME;

:SHIP_MSTR.SRECEIVER_NAME := :PARAMETER.USER_NAME;
Re: login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) [message #541374 is a reply to message #541370] Tue, 31 January 2012 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I see; well, you have problems because trigger(s) didn't fire when you thought they would. WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE fires once, when you enter a form (not when you create a new record).

As you use parameters, I believe that you should NOT code anything by yourself, but use Forms built-in features, i.e. open second form's items' Property Palette and put :parameter.mc_name and :parameter.user_name into respective items' Initial Value properties.

If you insist, WHEN-CREATE-RECORD block-level trigger might be a better choice than the ones you used so far.

[EDIT: fixed stupid typo]

[Updated on: Tue, 31 January 2012 01:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: login page value disappear when i enter 2nd record (merged 2) [message #541376 is a reply to message #541374] Tue, 31 January 2012 00:51 Go to previous message
ariffcal
Thanks I solved our problem with your help.
Previous Topic: List item problem
Next Topic: Oracle Forms on Cell phone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 09 23:53:19 CDT 2024