Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi (windows 2008 (32), oracle forms and reports, 11g2)
Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #541800] Thu, 02 February 2012 05:48 Go to next message
procfs
Hi I am trying to install oracle forms and reports on windows 2008 R1 (32) and I am using following

wls1035_win32.exe
ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.0.0_32_disk1_1of1.zip

Half way through to the Forms and Reports installation I am getting following error.

Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asinst_failed
Configuration Action 'Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-component=RptSvr_WIN-Q9CMCS0Z6OC_'has failed. Please check log for details

But I am unable to make any sence from the log, it does not give me any details of the error

Can cone one tell me what is going one or any information that I can provide to help me on this

Or is there a step by step guide that I can refer to?

Thanks and Regards Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 02 February 2012 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #542541 is a reply to message #541800] Tue, 07 February 2012 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
procfs
Have any one did a clean installation oracle forms and reports 11g2 on windows 2008

I am stuck,
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #542571 is a reply to message #542541] Wed, 08 February 2012 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
According to My Oracle Support, Forms 11.1.2 is supported & certified with MS Windows Server 2008 32-bit so I believe that the answer is "yes" (someone must have successfully installed it).

Did you CAREFULLY follow Installation Guide?
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #542605 is a reply to message #542571] Wed, 08 February 2012 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
procfs
Hi Littlefoot, thanks for the reply

Yes I did, I dont see anything related to this in the logs as well, I really hit a wall.
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #542611 is a reply to message #542605] Wed, 08 February 2012 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I never did what you are trying to do so I can't speak from my own experience. Perhaps you could search the OTN forum (or even as a question there). Good luck!
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #542631 is a reply to message #542611] Wed, 08 February 2012 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
procfs
Thank you Littlefoot
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #547970 is a reply to message #542631] Mon, 19 March 2012 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
procfs
Hi All, below are the steps that I took to install Oracle Forms and Reports 11g2 on windows 2008 64bit, hope this will help some one!

1. Disable firewall
2. Disable IPV6
3. install java (for generic only)
4. install weblogic (General installation)
java -jar wlsversion_generic.jar

Note: do not configure or configure nodemanage unless you are trying to do someting els. Domain will be created at the time
of the forms server configuration!

5 Windows security issue

Oracle installation guides

docs.oracle.com/html/E25460_01/r2_fr_requirements.htm#BABGGJGJ
docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e23960/install.htm
docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/doc.1111/e14142/start.htm#i1077535

2.2.4 Stopping Node Manager Before Installing Oracle Forms and Reports (Windows Only)

If you are installing Oracle Forms and Reports on a Microsoft Windows operating system, you must make sure that the Node Manager utility that was installed with Oracle WebLogic Server is stopped before you begin the installation:

Verify the Oracle WebLogic Server Node Manager utility is stopped. If it is running, kill the process.

Determine if the nodemanager.properties file is present in the WebLogic_Home\common\nodemanager directory.

If the nodemanager.properties file is not present, continue installing Oracle Forms and Reports.

If the nodemanager.properties file does exist, open it and verify that the ListenPort parameter is included and that it is set. If the ListenPort parameter is not included or set, edit the nodemanager.properties file so that it is similar to the following, where NODE_MANAGER_LISTEN_PORT represents the port the Node Manager listens on, such as 5556:

ListenPort=NODE_MANAGER_LISTEN_PORT

6. now run the setup that comes with and select the defaults

7. The OUI will not install all teh servicess this you need to do manaually

you need to create folowing files (only the name is deferent in below script)
You can get the server names from xxx:7001/em

Admin as a Windows serverice, creat the file with below content installAdmServer_Service.cmd
SETLOCAL
set DOMAIN_NAME=ClassicDomain
set USERDOMAIN_HOME=D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain
set SERVER_NAME=AdminServer
set PRODUCTION_MODE=true
cd %USERDOMAIN_HOME%
call %USERDOMAIN_HOME%\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd
call "D:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\installSvc.cmd"
ENDLOCAL

Reports as a Windows serverice, creat the file with below content installWLS_REPORTS_Service.cmd
SETLOCAL
set SERVER_NAME=WLS_REPORTS
set PRODUCTION_MODE=true
set ADMIN_URL=URL:7001/
cd %USERDOMAIN_HOME%
call "D:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\installSvc_ASA_REports.cmd"
ENDLOCAL

Note: in you cant get the reports server installed as a windows service with an eorro "command is too long.........."
you need to do below walk around to get teh reports server installed as WS

1. I took the CLASSPATH value from the error output which I uploaded to you, see the attached classpath.txt
2. I changed CLASSPATH in D:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\installSvc.cmd
Before editing set CLASSPATH=%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%;%CLASSPATH%
After edit - set CLASSPATH=%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%;

I just took out the part %CLASSPATH%

3. Then I ran the cmd to install the report server and the reports server installation was successful
4. Then I went to the registery location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\beasvc ClassicDomain_WLS_REPORTS\Parameters
5. Edited the key and replaced the existing classpath with the above
CmdLine= -server -Xms32m -Xmx200m -XX:M..............................................
6. Now the Admin, Forms and Reports comes up at the boot time no issues or error
Further to above now we need to test our forms and reports if what I have done above is correct, appreciate your input? And just a question our forms uses J-initiattor to do file upload can we still do this with 11g2 or do we need to use webutil for this purpose?

Admin as a Windows serverice, creat the file with below content contentinstallWLSFORMS_Service.cmd
SETLOCAL
set SERVER_NAME=WLS_FORMS
set PRODUCTION_MODE=true
set ADMIN_URL=URL:7001/
cd %USERDOMAIN_HOME%
call "D:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\installSvc.cmd"
ENDLOCAL

Uinstalling servicess
uninstallAdmServer_Service.cmd
echo off
SETLOCAL
set SERVER_NAME=AdminServer
call "D:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\uninstallSvc.cmd"
ENDLOCAL
uninstallWLS_REPORTS_Service.cmd
echo off
SETLOCAL
set SERVER_NAME=WLS_REPORTS
ENDLOCAL
uninstallWLSFORMS_Service.cmd
echo off
SETLOCAL
set SERVER_NAME=WLS_FORMS
ENDLOCAL

8. Configuration

docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e24477/basics.htm

Configuration files

D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain\config\fmwconfig\servers\WLS_FORMS\applications\formsapp_11.1.2\config

To edit the configuration files via EM

Home > Forms > Forms

Select Web Configuration - for edithing formsweb.cfg

Home > Forms > Forms

Select environment configurations

To create a avabill.env you have to duplecate file fromt eh em (when you create the env file manually its not getting attached to the URI part and does not show up on the EM **it may require a reboot of the WL**)

TNS_ADMIN=d:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config

Same wasy you can cnfgure teh Reports server.

for console and em you have to use port 7001 (this information is shared at the end of the installation)

Sorry for any spelling mistakes

Thank you and best regards
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #547971 is a reply to message #547970] Mon, 19 March 2012 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
procfs
hi I am sorry I cant post URLs till i post 5 it seems like, URL = your apserver admin url
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #547972 is a reply to message #547971] Mon, 19 March 2012 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you for the walkthrough! I'm sure someone will benefit from it.
Re: Step Executing: opmnctl startproc ias-coomponent=ReptSvr_WIN-Q9CMS0Z6OC_asi [message #552451 is a reply to message #547972] Wed, 25 April 2012 23:58 Go to previous message
procfs
hi Littlefoot, thank you for the help you extended, I hope so too

Best Regards
Previous Topic: Login as SYS
Next Topic: Positioning Canvas at Runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:46:28 CDT 2024