Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem with detail block (Oracle DB 10g, Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.11.3)
Problem with detail block [message #546498] Wed, 07 March 2012 03:53 Go to next message
ashora
Hello Masters,

I have multiple blocks in my form and i added one more database block and created relationship between them, for example i have B1 which is database block and added B11 (new database block). New block is optional, means it is not necessary to make any changes in new block, if user wants then he can go that block make changes and save the same or else he can totally skip new block (B11).

If i do any changes in new block then its working fine, its getting saved properly with no issues/errors but when i try to save without making any changes in new block then its giving me error of ora-01400 as new block which is added has not null columns. If i remove not null condition from table then its automatically saving data into new block (B11).

Is there any problem with relation or something else, kindly help me out for the same.

Waiting for your replies.

Regards
Re: Problem with detail block [message #546520 is a reply to message #546498] Wed, 07 March 2012 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You've got some code somewhere that is causing forms to think you're trying to insert data into the new block.
A proper relationship won't do that.
Check your triggers for code that assigns values to items in the 2nd block. One of them is firing even when the user isn't making any changes and is causing this.
Re: Problem with detail block [message #546527 is a reply to message #546520] Wed, 07 March 2012 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashora

Thanks cookiemonster,

I have searched that but couldn't find any code which manipulating new block, and as you said correct relation will not behave in this way, i have same relation with other blocks which is working fine only this one is behaving differently.

Regards
Ash
Re: Problem with detail block [message #546531 is a reply to message #546527] Wed, 07 March 2012 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Then you're going to have to debug it the hard way. Use messages to display get_block_property('<block name>', status).
Put them in any triggers that have anything to do with the block.
Add new triggers if necessary (when-new-block-instance and when-new-item-instance for example). You need to pinpoint the point at which the block status goes to CHANGED.
Re: Problem with detail block [message #546537 is a reply to message #546531] Wed, 07 March 2012 05:42 Go to previous message
ashora
Cookiemonster,

After your first reply i once again checked complete form and found one procedure which was taking items from that block, and have made necessary changes for the same. Smile

Thank you, Thank you very much for your help and support.

Regards
Ash
Previous Topic: copy values of two columns of first data block to other data block
Next Topic: Problem with exec_sql.execute in 11g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:56:03 CDT 2024