Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Two Languages in Form 6i (db10g-form 6i)
Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548212] Tue, 20 March 2012 18:25 Go to next message
pooja shah
my question is to all kindly tell me how to use two languages in form 6i

1.Arabic
2.English

i have created a form and changed prompt setting
i made two flag buttons one for english and another for arabic now problem is this that english is working fine but arabic is showing some unusual characters. please help me to solve this issue i have already read some links like globalization but still facing same problem
kindlt tell me step by step detail

Thanks in Advance
Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548242 is a reply to message #548212] Wed, 21 March 2012 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't have any experience with bilingual forms, but - in a case you didn't do that yet - have a look at previous discussions in Forms forum that mention "arabic". Hopefully, you'll find something useful.
Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548460 is a reply to message #548242] Thu, 22 March 2012 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pooja shah
I tried to set these things but problem is still there is there anyone to help me to solve this problem

DEVELOPER_NLS_LANG
NLS_LANG
USER_NLS_LANG

Sad
Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548463 is a reply to message #548460] Thu, 22 March 2012 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
It'd probably help if you told us what you set them to.
Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548468 is a reply to message #548463] Thu, 22 March 2012 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pooja shah
Thanks for quick repl i followed these steps

STEP I
First set these three in registry
DEVELOPER_NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256
USER_NLS_LANG=ARABIC_territory.charset

NLS_LANG=language_territory.charset

Now u Can Type Using The Arabic Language In My Text Boxes In The Form , But u Can't Enter The Caption Of The Push Button, Or The Alerts In Arabic . As u mentioned

STEP II
Change the Regional Options of System Default as Arabic

Follow how to change Regional Option:

Start à Settings à Control Panel à Regional Options
In General Tab:
Language settings for the system
Select Arabic
Click on ?Set Default?? button
Go to Combo ?Your locate(location)?
Select ?Arabic (Saudi Arabia)?
Click Apply and then OK

So now you are able to do everything from Arabic Language
# you need to install Arabic language character set (Oracle's Software) first then set the parameters value in init.ora file and change NLS_Lang and othere steps. Oracle provide multi language support,
but for this separate Arabic Language character set
software will install. if you install this then ok.

I Followed these all things but i couldn't succeeded

regards

[Updated on: Thu, 22 March 2012 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548668 is a reply to message #548468] Sat, 24 March 2012 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ranamirfan

Quote:

NLS_LANG=language_territory.charset

It Should be.Please try this.
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256

When you wants to write Arabic in a text box then Press Alt + Shift to change the Language English to Arabic.

Regards,
Irfan
Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548818 is a reply to message #548668] Mon, 26 March 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pooja shah
Thanks for reply @ranamirfan i could not check your post due illness
yes sir i did in a same way as u given detail
 NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256

i am using terrority in american and 2nd language in arabic as u told me alt+shft to change language i dont know where i am mistaking can u do me a favour sir kindly post step by step from 1st step tp last step as u did ever i shall be gratefull to u

Thanks in Advance
Re: Two Languages in Form 6i [message #548828 is a reply to message #548818] Mon, 26 March 2012 09:03 Go to previous message
pooja shah
@ranamirfan
hope you would answered as soon as possible

Thanks in Advance
Previous Topic: help on a button trigger
Next Topic: Restrict the user to access the records [merged 2 by jd]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 23:27:39 CDT 2024