Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor (Oracle forms builder 10g)
Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549902] Wed, 04 April 2012 08:55 Go to next message
jaynair13
Hi,

I am using Oracle forms builder 10g version. Since last week, I can't open layout editor of any of the forms using my builder tool. I tried rebooting, restoring, creating new form etc. Some times it works, but after a couple of hours the issue returns. Anyone having or had similar issues?

Thanks
Jay
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549909 is a reply to message #549902] Wed, 04 April 2012 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
can u describe what error or msg showing while executing form builder

regards
baba
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549915 is a reply to message #549909] Wed, 04 April 2012 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaynair13
Hi Baba,

Thats the bizzare part. I am not getting any error messages. This used to work for me till a couple of weeks back.

This is what I do,

1. Open forms builder and connect to the database
2. Open any .fmb file (I have tried old, new, downloaded a fresh copy from the server etc)
3. I am able to see, access and work with all other options like, code a trigger, create a trigger, create an item, or a data block etc.
4. When I try to go to the "Layout Editor" (using shortcut key or clicking on the canvas or selecting from the drop down), the forms builder simply exits. It doesn't create any log ( I don't know whether we can see any log for forms builder)

I have tried reinstalling the developer suite, and then reinstalling Oracle also. Still facing the same issue. My RAM is around 3GB which is more than enough I think.

Any ideas?
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549933 is a reply to message #549915] Wed, 04 April 2012 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As it worked fine several weeks ago, can you remember what changed on your computer in the meantime? Did you install any new software?

By the way, which operating system do you use?

Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549935 is a reply to message #549933] Wed, 04 April 2012 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
Yes also concentrate what @littlefoot is written also did u changed any browser suppose if u were using iexplorer after that u changed the browser like netscape etc. 2ndly when ever u deinstalled the developer or oracle have u removed properly from registry and as well as from services.msc which is automatically activating if u changed the browser then pls uninstalled oracle jinitiator 1.3.1.22 and re-installed

reagrds
baba
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549937 is a reply to message #549935] Wed, 04 April 2012 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
owais_baba wrote on Wed, 04 April 2012 16:14
Yes also concentrate what @littlefoot is written also did u changed any browser suppose if u were using iexplorer after that u changed the browser like netscape etc.

What does a browser have to do with Forms Builder?

In additional to what Littlefoot said, things like security patches, windows updates and especially a video driver can cause this.
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549939 is a reply to message #549937] Wed, 04 April 2012 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
ok if u think asked wrong question then pls answered of above question i think instead of concentration on our questions u should rapidly answered what ever u would answered i would also learn from it.

regards
baba

[Updated on: Wed, 04 April 2012 16:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #549944 is a reply to message #549939] Wed, 04 April 2012 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
@jaynair13 actually never faced problem in form builders like this hope u would get answer from this forum from experts

regards
baba
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #550011 is a reply to message #549944] Thu, 05 April 2012 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaynair13
Hi Guys,

Sorry I couldn't come online yesterday.

This is indeed a strange problem. The situation with me is,

The issue which I described above happens when I work from my office laptop ( for which I don't have admin rights which is "company policy" Surprised). So I can't install or uninstall anything or even apply a patch on my own. We have an login security software installed called Checkpoint Security. My forms builder was working fine with this software, but a couple of weeks back, there has been a patch update on this. May be this can be the cause of the issue? (but this has happened for my colleagues as well and they don't have this issue and I have the newest Thinkpad version from Lenovo).

When I tried the same thing on a desktop ( which doesn't have this security software installed), I actually got an error message, with some numbers denoting memory locations and then it said "the memory cannot be 'read'".

Does this ring any bell guys?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, the people here wants to rebuild the laptop to fix the issue, but I am curious about this, and I believe its really a memory issue.

Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #550024 is a reply to message #550011] Thu, 05 April 2012 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This would be ... what? RAM failure? How many RAM slots are there? Are they all full? If so, maybe you could unplug one by one and see what happens. (I never saw Thinkpad so I can't tell for sure, but HPs I used have had just one additional memory slot, so - for example - if laptop came with 2GB, I could plug additional, say, 2GB to have 4GB in all. It means that you could unplug just one; if Forms work fine, than this might be a problem. If not, huh, you can't unplug on-board RAM module just like that (if anyhow at all)).
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #550026 is a reply to message #550024] Thu, 05 April 2012 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaynair13
I checked the RAM yesterday. In total I got 2 slots, and they have 2 2GB RAMs in that.

My pagefile.sys is around 3GB. So I should have enough memory. What I was suggesting was, there might be a problem with the virtual memory allocation? My understanding is that, the forms layout editor uses virtual memory to load the canvas. I might be wrong.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #550028 is a reply to message #550026] Thu, 05 April 2012 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I wouldn't know anything about it (i.e. the way Forms use virtual memory). I was talking about physical RAM (the one you can take in your hand).
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #550047 is a reply to message #550011] Thu, 05 April 2012 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
jaynair13 wrote on Thu, 05 April 2012 06:12
well and they don't have this issue and I have the newest Thinkpad version from Lenovo).

I hope it is not the Lenovo T410. They are known to be full or bugs due to hardware and software incompatibilities.
Re: Oracle forms builder 10g crashes when trying to go to Layout Editor [message #550050 is a reply to message #550047] Thu, 05 April 2012 09:11 Go to previous message
jaynair13
Nope this is X201.
Previous Topic: insert and update
Next Topic: Dynamic Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 23:35:14 CDT 2024