Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Ms Word Rich Text format in TEXT ITEM (form 10G+ Application server 10G)
Ms Word Rich Text format in TEXT ITEM [message #551326] Tue, 17 April 2012 05:19 Go to next message
annu-agi

Dear All Gurus

Can I use rich text item on oracle form10G with some simple features like BOLD, UNDERLINE, ITALIC and if possible one more feature like spell check.

I Google my requirement, but mostly I found win word attachment.
Further more if I can save this type of data in field then how can I print in report. please give me some hint or reference about both the requirements.

regards

Anwer

Re: Ms Word Rich Text format in TEXT ITEM [message #551329 is a reply to message #551326] Tue, 17 April 2012 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can't.
bold, italic excetera are font properties.
Fonts in forms are properties of the text_items, not the data in the text item.
You can change the font but that just changes the appearance of any data in that particular text item. The font is not saved to the DB and won't appear in any other form or report that queries the data.
Re: Ms Word Rich Text format in TEXT ITEM [message #551357 is a reply to message #551329] Tue, 17 April 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
why not mr@cookiemonster he can do however his requirement

--clue---

set_item_property(:system.cursor_item,
                           VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE,
                           'BOLD');

as far as concern spell checker u can do by using ole2

mr @annu-agi if you are still confusing give me your personal email address i will send u a FMB file

reagrds
baba

[Updated on: Tue, 17 April 2012 10:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ms Word Rich Text format in TEXT ITEM [message #551361 is a reply to message #551357] Tue, 17 April 2012 11:02 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
owais_baba wrote on Tue, 17 April 2012 16:52
why not mr@cookiemonster he can do however his requirement

--clue---

set_item_property(:system.cursor_item,
                           VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE,
                           'BOLD');

And if you set the text item as bold is the data you type into the item saved in the DB as being bold?
Can you query it in a different form, or a report, and have it automatically appear as bold with having to use set_item_property?
No?

Cause that's what the OP wants.

Previous Topic: LOV , autoselect values
Next Topic: Passing Parameters to form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:41:03 CDT 2024