Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Webutil problem (Linux, Red Hat)
Webutil problem [message #551481] Wed, 18 April 2012 11:26 Go to next message
p_pml
Hello,
I am using WebUtil in my web 11g oracle forms application. I have two test environments with x64 Linuxes and Weblogics servers. My client is x86 Windows 2003 Server. On the first test environment webutil works fine, but on the second something is wrong. It appears in that way, when I am opening form with webutil there is already error message:

FRM-40735: WHEN-CUSTOM_ITEM_EVENT trigger throws unhandled exception ORA-06502

When I started debugging forms it shows me that problem is related with WEBUTIL_CORE package in webutill.pll. There is a procedure registerBean which try to decode some string (name is dataPayload) created with underneath piece of code:

get_parameter_attr(EventParameters,'WUC_DATA',dataType, dataPayload);

On my first correct environment this string has shape:
WUI|<client_machine_ip>|Windows 2003|oracle|;|\|en

On the second which is wrong:
WUI|<client_machine_ip>|Windows 2003|oracle|x86|;|\|en

This part with x86 makes all problem, function which are splitting this string to smaller variables treats 'x86' as ';' which is afer that and declares as varchar2(1). x86 has more that 1 character.

My question is why these strings are different on two similar environments and how can I resolved this withou changing the webutil.pll code.

Every helpfull information will be appreciated.
Re: Webutil problem [message #551515 is a reply to message #551481] Wed, 18 April 2012 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use webutil, but - who wrote that function (that splits a string into smaller pieces)? Can it be fixed? Or, even better, INPUT string should follow certain rules (i.e. how come it contains extra information ("x86") that is not accepted? If it didn't exist in the first place, function wouldn't produce an invalid result).
Re: Webutil problem [message #551526 is a reply to message #551515] Wed, 18 April 2012 15:54 Go to previous message
p_pml
That is Oracle Forms Smile

OK I found the solution. I decompiled GetClientInfo.class from frmwebutil.jar and then I found this fancy code which creates earlier mentioned concatenated string. One of my test environment posses probably some older version of frmwebutil.jar, because they actually concatenated system architecture info. In frmwebutil.jar from Webutil 1.0.6 system architecture type has been deleted.
Previous Topic: Passing Parameters to form
Next Topic: Cann't commit form when form status change from New to Query and to Changed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:36:05 CDT 2024