Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » User Authentication
User Authentication [message #553760] Tue, 08 May 2012 06:50 Go to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
Dear
I have made an application in forms 6i. Now i want if user can update, or modify the data it will required autometic authenication. Administrator will gives his password then the updation will continue otherwise rollback the transaction.pls advised how it is possible.
Re: User Authentication [message #553840 is a reply to message #553760] Tue, 08 May 2012 14:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why wouldn't you let Oracle handle that?

• "Owner" owns a schema. Nobody connects as the "owner" in order to work with the application
  • Create some predefined roles. For example, a role named "regular_user" will be able to do anything (insert new records, update existing ones, delete records). "View_only" will be able to query records - no updates or inserts or deletes. Etc.
  • Grant privileges on "owner's" objects to these roles, such as
    grant all on table_one to regular_user;
    grant select, update on table_two to regular_user;
    grant select on table_one to view_only;
    grant select on table_two to view_only;

• You create new Oracle users, for every person who will work with the application.
  • Grant roles to these users. For example:
    create user littlefoot identified by lf ...;
    grant view_only to littlefoot;

create user shahzad identified by ...;
    grant regular_user to shahzad;
Doing so, administrator won't have to do anything but enjoy, because Oracle will handle everything. Why would anyone (administrator in your case) have to wait until someone calls, provide some "password" and let people work? That's - from my point of view - not the right way to do the job.
Previous Topic: How to capture time (merged 2)
Next Topic: Oracle Forms / Reports 10g on WIN 2003 64 bit server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:41:28 CDT 2024