Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms Migration Assistant
Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555595] Fri, 25 May 2012 06:37 Go to next message
dev_777
Hi

I am using the above product to convert my 6i forms to 10g.

I call up the wizard, select the name of the module I want to convert, enter the database connection details and then it pops up with a message 'Unable to connect to database with the information provided'.

The database connection details are all valid. Use the same username to create tables etc via pl/sql developer.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555613 is a reply to message #555595] Fri, 25 May 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
dev_777 wrote on Fri, 25 May 2012 07:37
Hi

I am using the above product to convert my 6i forms to 10g.

I call up the wizard, select the name of the module I want to convert, enter the database connection details and then it pops up with a message 'Unable to connect to database with the information provided'.

The database connection details are all valid. Use the same username to create tables etc via pl/sql developer.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pl/sql developer may be using a tns file for 10g client, which would be different from tns file for forms developer.
can't you just open the form in 10g and save it. I do not believe you actually need to convert it. 10g will open a 6i form.
Re: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555623 is a reply to message #555613] Fri, 25 May 2012 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnigam
Joy is right. You will have to configure tns on the 10g application server to connect to the database. For 10g, this will be in devsuite_home/network/admin folder. Just copy your current tnsnames to this folder. That should get you connected to the database.
In addition, 10g will open a 6i form, but that does not mean that it will compile successfully. The Oracle migration assistant is a crude tool at best. I would recommend that you use a company like ours to help you with the migration task. Contact them giving my name as a reference and you may qualify for a free proof of concept.
Try the migration assistant to see if it works for you, otherwise we can help.

Neeraj Nigam
Pitss America
http://wwww.pitss.com/us

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 01:55] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555766 is a reply to message #555623] Mon, 28 May 2012 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev_777
Thank you for your help.

Forms Migration assistant attempts to compile the form but fails with an error.

The log states "FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects. Source Module:Dmsref71"

Dmsref71 is in the same directory I have my forms in.

All forms I am attempting to convert comes up with the same error.

Is there any other setting I am missing?

Thanks

Re: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555770 is a reply to message #555766] Mon, 28 May 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nnigam
You generally get the FRM-18108 when an object cannot be found. It is not sufficient to be in the same directory. It needs to be in the FORMS_PATH environement variable. Open the module in forms builder, and make sure the specific item it is looking for is in the module. Also make sure that the there is no other copy of the module earelier in the forms path. Finally, I would migrate the dmsref71 module before your form. If there is an error compiling the module then all forms dependent on it can fail.

Neeraj Nigam
Pitss America
http://wwww.pitss.com/us

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 01:55] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555852 is a reply to message #555770] Tue, 29 May 2012 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev_777
I am now compiling my libraries. Can they be complied in any sequence?
Compiled ifwmod10.pll which could not find Qmslib34.pll.
Then compiled Qmslib34.pll which could not find Ofg4call.pll.
Then compiled ofg4call.pll which did not complain of looking for another library. This library complained of the string 'Call' which is hardcoded in the comments.

I then went back to compile qmslib34.pll and still complains that it cannot find Ofg4call.pll.
Log below:
Log written into File - converter.log
processing ....
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\ifwmod10.pll touched : Tue May 29 14:09:00 CAT 2012
ERROR opening C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\ifwmod10.pll :oracle.forms.jdapi.JdapiException: PDE-PLI018 Could not find library Qmslib34
This may be due to an invalid library reference. Check library dependencies
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\ifwmod10.pll released : Tue May 29 14:09:00 CAT 2012

------------------------------------------------------------
[End of Log] 
processing ....
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\qmslib34.pll touched : Tue May 29 14:10:28 CAT 2012
ERROR opening C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\qmslib34.pll :oracle.forms.jdapi.JdapiException: PDE-PLI018 Could not find library Ofg4call
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\qmslib34.pll released : Tue May 29 14:10:28 CAT 2012

[End of Log] 
processing ....
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\ofg4call.pll touched : Tue May 29 14:11:32 CAT 2012
Physical file name: C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\ofg4call.pll
CALENDAR: The String CALL was found. If it is an occurrence of the Forms Built-In, It should be replaced with CALL_FORM.

Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\ofg4call.pll released : Tue May 29 14:11:33 CAT 2012
[End of Log] 
processing ....
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\qmslib34.pll touched : Tue May 29 14:12:17 CAT 2012
ERROR opening C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\qmslib34.pll :oracle.forms.jdapi.JdapiException: PDE-PLI018 Could not find library Ofg4call
Log - C:\1_LOGS\Conversion\exe\qmslib34.pll released : Tue May 29 14:12:17 CAT 2012

[End of Log] 

Re: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant [message #555892 is a reply to message #555852] Tue, 29 May 2012 13:01 Go to previous message
nnigam
The libraries can be compiled in any order? However all the libraries should be compilable and available in the forms_path. Can you verify the forms_path. It should be in either the registry, environment setting or in the forms environment file. The search order is in the forms environment file, enviornment and then the registry. Also make sure that the shortcut to open forms builder does not use a custom path, and it is being opened from the bin path. Make sure that the 'start in' setting for the short cut is blank.

You can also get these types of problems if you try to open the modules with a form builder that is older then the version used to save the form. Also, form 11g, will not open form 6.0 or older forms, and 11.1.1 will not open 11.1.2 forms.

Neeraj Nigam
nnigam@pitssamerica.com
http://www.pitss.com/us
(703) 592-6739
Previous Topic: Select table name and retrieve its related data
Next Topic: FRM-40600 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:39:32 CDT 2024