Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Select table name and retrieve its related data (oracle form6i)
Select table name and retrieve its related data [message #555834] Tue, 29 May 2012 04:58 Go to next message
HM75
I wanna have a form which has a list box which is including of all table names, by selecting the required table by user all column name and its related data should be retrieve.I have a cursor which give me all field names related to the table by I do not know how can I retrieve table data:

1. How to add item through block base on number of column which selected table has.
2. How to set value of table column in these mentioned column which added in the block.
3. And at the end retrieve the table data.

Re: Select table name and retrieve its related data [message #555836 is a reply to message #555834] Tue, 29 May 2012 05:07 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I think that Forms is a wrong tool to do that. You can't (significantly) change a form layout during runtime. Yes, you can hide items, enable/disable them, but you can not create a whole new layout - which is what you want. For example, if someone chooses DEPT table, you'd create DEPTNO, DNAME, LOC items. If he then chooses EMP table, you'd create EMPNO, ENAME, JOB, SAL, ... items - well, that's not possible (at least, as far as I can tell).
Previous Topic: remove duplicate value
Next Topic: Oracle Forms Migration Assistant
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:51:25 CDT 2024