Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to find the line number of error in forms6i (Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.25.2 , Windows XP)
How to find the line number of error in forms6i [message #556465] Mon, 04 June 2012 07:22 Go to next message
chandan.rattan

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to find the line number along with package name or procedure name (for ex. in Oracle 10g DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_ERROR_BACKTRACE ) where exactly error is coming in forms.There is plsql code written and while executing the code, ORA-01722: invalid number error is coming.For easy tracing the error, any way is there ?

I searched in google before posting in this forum and found that ON-ERROR trigger if we write DBMS_ERROR_TEXT it will display the ling numner along with package or procedure name.
But it is not working and this is only giving me error name no line number.

Re: How to find the line number of error in forms6i [message #556493 is a reply to message #556465] Mon, 04 June 2012 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell: unfortunately, there's no easy way to do that. I guess you'll have to include MESSAGE statements into your code. It means that you might need to put MESSAGE between every two statements (!) which - depending on your code - might be a tedious job.

For example:
-- your code:
message('1');
select something into some_Var from some_table where ...
message('2');
insert into another_table (col1) values (some_var);
message('3');
for cur_r in (select ... from ...) loop
  message('in loop');
end loop;
Re: How to find the line number of error in forms6i [message #556518 is a reply to message #556493] Tue, 05 June 2012 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chandan.rattan

Hmm.. Well for time being i found out the line where exactly error was coming.I wish if there could a way for find out.

Well Thanks of your time.
Re: How to find the line number of error in forms6i [message #556522 is a reply to message #556518] Tue, 05 June 2012 01:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you were on Forms 10g, then you could run the form in debug mode which is a great tool for discovering such things. Unfortunately, Forms 6i doesn't offer that option.

P.S. One more idea: if possible, perhaps you could use your code and create a stored procedure (or an anonymous PL/SQL block) and run it in SQL*Plus - it *would* show the culprit.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 June 2012 01:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: icons in oracle form 10g [merged 4 by jd]
Next Topic: getting error frm 21011 , ora -65020 , while calling forms from menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:53:47 CDT 2024