Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » open file .fmb
open file .fmb [message #557847] Sat, 16 June 2012 04:18 Go to next message
modi911
hi every one,

i create one .fmb in my home then i take one copy and i open it in my office but it showing to me error "Oracle Forms Designer has stopped working",about database is diffrent not same.

but i want just open .fmb and i want take some code(trigger) with out running, i can.

thanks......
Re: open file .fmb [message #557848 is a reply to message #557847] Sat, 16 June 2012 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Can you open any other form in your office?

Are these Forms versions the same (the one you have at home & the one in the office)? Which versions are they?

How did you transfer a FMB? On a memory stick? FTP-ed it? Something different?
Re: open file .fmb [message #557849 is a reply to message #557848] Sat, 16 June 2012 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
modi911
first thanks for your response.....

ok good if i can open it, about virsion both same 10g, i just take copy normal on my flash disk ( right click Copy than i came in my office then i past it)
Re: open file .fmb [message #557850 is a reply to message #557849] Sat, 16 June 2012 05:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
ok good if i can open it

Does that mean that you can normally open other forms? ("If" sounds strange).

Well, I suppose that a form which is created with the same Forms version, but different location, *should* be opened with no problems. For some reason, that is not the case with you.

Try the following (I can't promise that any of these will work):
  • in Windows Explorer, double click the FMB file. If Windows (you are on Windows, aren't you?) doesn't recognize it, then browse for the Forms executable and let it open the file
  • Run Forms Builder; log on first, then open the form
  • Run Forms Builder; open the form first, then log on
No other ideas, sorry.
Previous Topic: Best way For web APP
Next Topic: Reduce QTY 4rm purchase tbl due to sold prodct fro sale Tbl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:10:21 CDT 2024