Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » displaying no. of records with condition (oracle forms 10g)
displaying no. of records with condition [message #559965] Sun, 08 July 2012 06:29 Go to next message
furqan
hi all..

In form i call a record from database table through execute_query.
i have lov on ITEM_NO

i want to display on that form, no. of records of ITEM_NO which i select from the list.
like if i have 10 records with item_no which i select from list is must show 1/10.

if i press the down arrow it should show next record of the same item_no.

thanks to all for your keen interest in this topic.

Re: displaying no. of records with condition [message #559969 is a reply to message #559965] Sun, 08 July 2012 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I don't understand what you want to do differently from normal query behavior?
If you enter the item_no in enter-query mode then you will only get records that match what you entered.
Re: displaying no. of records with condition [message #559971 is a reply to message #559969] Sun, 08 July 2012 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
furqan
i want to display numeric value of no. of records in (text-item) on form.
and also when i press down arrow ,only records with same
item_no must get displayed.

thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 08 July 2012 08:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: displaying no. of records with condition [message #559978 is a reply to message #559971] Sun, 08 July 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
when i press down arrow ,only records with same item_no must get displayed

- enter query mode
- open list of values; pick one
- execute query
- only records with same item_no will be displayed

Quote:
i want to display numeric value of no. of records in (text-item) on form.

This information is displayed in a form status bar, i.e. form's bottom left corner. What's wrong with that?

If you want to put that information into a text item, after executing a query you'd have to navigate to the last record, remember :SYSTEM.CURSOR_RECORD value, then go back to the first record and display :SYSTEM.CURSOR_RECORD along with previously remembered total number of records. Note that it might be time consuming as - if there are really MANY records there that satisfy the condition, a form should fetch all of them (when going to the last record).

Alternatively, you could try with "SELECT COUNT(*) ... WHERE <your ITEM_NO condition here>".

Once again: what's wrong with built-in functionality?
Re: displaying no. of records with condition [message #565149 is a reply to message #559978] Fri, 31 August 2012 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CH.FOZAIB@YAHOO.COM
JUST GO TO PROPERTY PELLETE OF YOU DATABLOCK AND GIVE MAXIMUM FETCHED VALUES THERE SIMPLE

HAPPY
Re: displaying no. of records with condition [message #565192 is a reply to message #565149] Fri, 31 August 2012 07:50 Go to previous message
joy_division
CH.FOZAIB@YAHOO.COM wrote on Fri, 31 August 2012 01:09
JUST GO TO PROPERTY PELLETE OF YOU DATABLOCK AND GIVE MAXIMUM FETCHED VALUES THERE SIMPLE

HAPPY

First of all, stop posting in all uppercase. You know it is equivalent to shouting, but worse, it it very hard on the eyes.

Second, I have no ides what you are saying. Maybe if you use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling it would make sense.
Previous Topic: How to reload a calling form after closing the called form?
Next Topic: icons not visible in 10g DS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:55:33 CDT 2024