Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 11G frmcmp_batch.sh does not create FMX (Forms 11gr2 / linux weblogic 10.3.5)
Forms 11G frmcmp_batch.sh does not create FMX [message #560131] Tue, 10 July 2012 14:22 Go to next message
The new Guy
Hi guys,

If anybody can help...i'll send you a beer or even a case via purolator...lol

Migrating from 6i to 11gr2
Our forms 11Gr2 and weblogic is running ok on dev workstation. i'm attacking the server.
Install was done by admin guys, but they do not know forms.

Had problems compiling so I asked Oracle tech support and they supplied this script. (email them again, but they are not fast...)

for i in `ls *.fmb`
do
echo compiling forms $i...
x=`echo $i | cut -f1 -d"."`
/data01/oracle/app/admin/frdev/bin/frmcmp_batch.sh userid=???/???@???? output_file=/data00/cipo/apps/Creation/staging/$x.fmx batch=yes module=$i module_type=form compile_all=yes window_state=minimize debug=yes

It compiles , no errors but no FMX are created. Did a find everywhere and none are created
compiling libraries does the same thing, no errors but no plx.
Menus and report give me an error. (ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified)
I can connect via sqlplus on the server and access my db from another server (so tnsnames.ora is fine)
the weblogic admin guys compiled the forms also with same results....so i know its not an insufficient unix rights.

How can I setup some sort of in dept log?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Forms 11G frmcmp_batch.sh does not create FMX [message #560141 is a reply to message #560131] Tue, 10 July 2012 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
I'd first start with a single for compilation, and without all the other parameters:
frmcmp.sh foo.fmb user/password@tnsentry

Sounds like you do not have tnsnames.ora/sqlnet.ora file set up properly. I do not use 11g yet, so we are on OAS, not Weblogic, but in an app server environment in 10g, there are two oracle home directories, one for the mid-tier and one for infrastructure.

Depending on your environment, it may be using either the mid or infra to compile, and maybe that one does not have the entry. I'd first look for both tnsnames.ora and see if the entry exists in both. If not, put it in there and try again.
Re: Forms 11G frmcmp_batch.sh does not create FMX [message #560143 is a reply to message #560141] Tue, 10 July 2012 16:38 Go to previous message
The new Guy
I can't use frmcmp.sh since it requires x session to be enabled and we do not...
I'll try moving my /code folders somewhere else...
Previous Topic: oracle Developer suit 10g
Next Topic: ole2 error reading excel from Form6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 22:13:09 CDT 2024