Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to call any application (.exe) from menu (Oracle 10g)
How to call any application (.exe) from menu [message #567450] Mon, 01 October 2012 06:42 Go to next message
pink_angel
I called an application from Oracle forms using:
Client_Host('cmd /c START "" "\\localPath\myApplication.exe"');
This works fine on local as well as server.

But when I use the same command to call the application directly from the MENU ITEM, it gives error alert:
"WebUtil Error: oracle.forms.webutil.host.Host bean not found. WEBUTIL_HOST.Execute will not work."

I even tried using DDE.App_Begin(). This gives error: ORA-106561.

How can I call any application (.exe) directly from the menu item on the server?
Re: How to call any application (.exe) from menu [message #568834 is a reply to message #567450] Wed, 17 October 2012 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pink_angel
Can somebody please help me on this ! Sad
Re: How to call any application (.exe) from menu [message #569010 is a reply to message #568834] Thu, 18 October 2012 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, I don't know the answer (and it seems that nobody who saw your question knows it either). Perhaps you should ask for help elsewhere (I'd suggest Forms forum on Oracle Technology Network Forums).
Re: How to call any application (.exe) from menu [message #569015 is a reply to message #568834] Thu, 18 October 2012 12:40 Go to previous message
joy_division
pink_angel wrote on Wed, 17 October 2012 02:33
Can somebody please help me on this ! Sad

Hmmm, somehow I missed this question. This may not help much because I "think" this is what you did. I do not know what you mean by "call the application directly from the MENU ITEM." You didn't explain yourself clearly.

I run o/s commands from my custom menu items. I do not know if this is a correct way to do it, but what I do is make the menu item code
EXECUTE_TRIGGER('{some trigger name}');

and the code for {some trigger name} is a trigger at the form level of the form.
Previous Topic: Updating skills from Oracle Developer 6 to latest
Next Topic: LOGIN USER FROM ONE CANVAS AND ACCESS SECOND CANVAS AS PER USER RIGHTS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 11:03:17 CDT 2024