Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Updating skills from Oracle Developer 6 to latest (Windows)
Updating skills from Oracle Developer 6 to latest [message #568927] Wed, 17 October 2012 11:47 Go to next message
aardvark26
I have not used Oracle Forms and Reports for some time. The last version I used was Developer version 6.

Has there been major changes between Oracle Developer version 6 and Oracle Developer version 11 or is Oracle Developer basically the same with some incremental improvements?

What would be a good way to update my skills from Oracle Developer version 6 and Oracle Developer version 11?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Updating skills from Oracle Developer 6 to latest [message #569011 is a reply to message #568927] Thu, 18 October 2012 12:23 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As opposite to you, I "skipped" the 6i version and moved on from 3.0 (character mode) to 10g. Not that I'm happy about it, but that's how it is. Anyway: from my point of view, Forms didn't change that much from 6i to 10g as far as creating forms is concerned.

I never used 11g; as far as I know, it is now part of Fusion Middleware and is not longer a standalone product, requires Web Logic server and stuff i.e. forms run on the web), which is most probably something new to you as, I believe, you developed forms in client-server environment.

Therefore, I guess that you should install new Forms and start writing them. That's how you'll see the difference; hopefully, the difference won't be significant (so that you won't even be able to create a simple form).
Previous Topic: FRM-92102
Next Topic: How to call any application (.exe) from menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:28:41 CDT 2024