Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Pop-up or alert on desktop (Oracle 10.0.4)
Pop-up or alert on desktop [message #570470] Sat, 10 November 2012 07:03 Go to next message
arif_md2009

Hi , i have a small requirement, i am using .dot net frame work to show a pop up on desktop like reminder , can i do that using any oracle tools i am using oracle 10g along with forms 6i , i am using one query for this.

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2012 05:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: POP up on desktop [message #570473 is a reply to message #570470] Sat, 10 November 2012 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>can i do that using any oracle tools i am using oracle 10g along with forms 6i
above is NOT a supported combination; plus both are obsoleted & unsupported!
how does Oracle RDBMS know or decide upon which screen this "pop up" should appear?
Re: POP up on desktop [message #570478 is a reply to message #570473] Sat, 10 November 2012 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, that is true - obsolete, unsupported, whatever. However, we should accept a fact that vast number of developers still use Developer Suite 6i. It must be some fine piece of software, don't you think? Otherwise, NOBODY would use it.

As of a pop-up: you might try with a TIMER and pop-up an ALERT.
Re: POP up on desktop [message #570545 is a reply to message #570478] Mon, 12 November 2012 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arif_md2009

Thanks littlefoot and blackswan for the response , i will try something with timer and alert.Well its not necesarry to be done in forms 6i , i am just pondering few options by
which we can achieve this objective , might be some easier way like i create views and based on schedule a pop displays on desktop.For example there is one table for employee documents which maintains their passport information like when it is expiring.Befor one month of expiration date the pop up alerts the concerned user stating that some passports are due for renewal.

Pop or alert on desktop [message #570548 is a reply to message #570470] Mon, 12 November 2012 01:42 Go to previous message
arif_md2009

Hi , i have a small requirement, i am using .dot net frame work to show a pop up on desktop like reminder , can i do that using any oracle tools i am using oracle 10g along with forms 6i , i am using one query for this.
Well its not necesarry to be done in forms 6i , i am just pondering few options by
which we can achieve this objective , might be some easier way like i create views and based on schedule a pop displays on desktop.
For example there is one table for employee documents which maintains their passport information like when it is expiring.Befor one month of expiration date the pop up alerts the concerned user stating that some passports are due for renewal.

create table emp_docu ( emp_no varchar2(20),edoc varchar2(3),exp_dt date)

insert into emp_docu VALUES ('A','PP','30-NOV-2012')

insert into emp_docu VALUES ('B','PP','15-FEB-2013')

Since today is 12th november and since the first document falls under 30 days , altert or popup must appear on the screen stating that its due for renewal.
Previous Topic: Oracle Forms Time Out
Next Topic: Form 6i Displaying oracle Only negative sign
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:37:45 CDT 2024